White FDNY Lieutenant Sues Department Over Racial Discrimination

Do you find this kind of racism acceptable?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • What is FDNY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
A white firefighter has sued the FDNY after claiming he was barred from participating in a color guard ceremony honoring deceased members of the Vulcan Society -- a fraternal organization of black firefighters.

Lt. Daniel McWilliams has also sued the Vulcan Society after alleging that he was removed from his role as a flag bearer at a 2017 memorial Mass for the group's deceased members because of his race. McWilliams, who was pictured in a well-known photo of firefighters erecting an American flag in the rubble at Ground Zero after 9/11, has outlined his complaint in a lawsuit filed on Friday, the New York Daily News reports.

The lawsuit reveals an exchange between McWilliams and then-president of the Vulcan Society Regina Wilson regarding McWilliams' assignment to the ceremonial unit for the 2017 Mass, which was held at St. Philips Episcopal Church in Harlem.

“Lieutenant, I specifically requested an all-black color guard,” Wilson allegedly said.

McWilliams, a 29-year veteran of the FDNY responded by questioning, “Are you removing me from the color guard because I am not black?”

"Yes I am," Wilson reportedly answered.

White FDNY lieutenant sues department over racial discrimination after being barred from Vulcan Society memorial

We are seeing more and more of these kinds of cases of discrimination everyday now it seems.

What do you think about it.

Do you find this acceptable?

Should anti-discrimination laws, policies, rules, etc. be across the board or selectively applied?

Reactions: ripskater
Jan 2019
southeast
I find the excuse the FDNY Bureau of Legal Affairs made lame..."subtle exclusion".

The FDNY Bureau of Legal Affairs, arguing against McWilliams, contended his dismissal from the color guard was a non-discriminatory “subtle exclusion” of the plaintiff. But McWilliams accused the FDNY of “once again turning a blind eye to discrimination and creating a double-standard within the FDNY.”

Reactions: John T Ford
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I find the excuse the FDNY Bureau of Legal Affairs made lame..."subtle exclusion".

The FDNY Bureau of Legal Affairs, arguing against McWilliams, contended his dismissal from the color guard was a non-discriminatory “subtle exclusion” of the plaintiff. But McWilliams accused the FDNY of “once again turning a blind eye to discrimination and creating a double-standard within the FDNY.”
I think the FDNY Bureau of Legal Affairs will have an very difficult time defending Regina Wilson's comments in a Court of Law.

Last edited:
Reactions: jenniel and spyydrr
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
It's just plain wrong to discriminate against him because he is white.

But, this doesn't surprise me, because this is NYC. NYC is a hotbed for racism.
NYC is a hotbed for Leftism.

Racism is just a symptom.

But, my point to this thread is do Leftist find this kind of racism acceptable.

I think we all know the answer to that and I think the fact that no Leftist is coming in to discuss this topic clarrifies what we all already know.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
She clearly fits the description of a true racist.
Well ....

I would say at the very least this person is OPENLY willing to discriminate against folks along racial lines.

The bigger question here is why this woman felt like she could do this so openly?

That's my point.

With the Left ....

This simply seems to be something that is expected to be tolerate.

It's like it's an entitlement.

Feb 2019
Next Airport
A white firefighter has sued the FDNY after claiming he was barred from participating in a color guard ceremony honoring deceased members of the Vulcan Society -- a fraternal organization of black firefighters.

Lt. Daniel McWilliams has also sued the Vulcan Society after alleging that he was removed from his role as a flag bearer at a 2017 memorial Mass for the group's deceased members because of his race. McWilliams, who was pictured in a well-known photo of firefighters erecting an American flag in the rubble at Ground Zero after 9/11, has outlined his complaint in a lawsuit filed on Friday, the New York Daily News reports.

The lawsuit reveals an exchange between McWilliams and then-president of the Vulcan Society Regina Wilson regarding McWilliams' assignment to the ceremonial unit for the 2017 Mass, which was held at St. Philips Episcopal Church in Harlem.

“Lieutenant, I specifically requested an all-black color guard,” Wilson allegedly said.

McWilliams, a 29-year veteran of the FDNY responded by questioning, “Are you removing me from the color guard because I am not black?”

White FDNY lieutenant sues department over racial discrimination after being barred from Vulcan Society memorial

We are seeing more and more of these kinds of cases of discrimination everyday now it seems.

Should anti-discrimination laws, policies, rules, etc. be across the board or selectively applied?

White is also a color! IMO

Do his fellow black firefighters debate whether to cover a white firefighters back or vise versa in a burning building?

All firefighters have a moral obligation to the brotherhood of firefighters whether black or white.

Lets not destroy that bond.

Jan 2007

Let this be the case that sets the standard for others doing the same. Freedom of choice despite race, gender, ethnicity.

Reactions: jenniel