White House adviser says people should stop criticizing white supremacists so much.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
No one is quite sure what Sebastian Gorka, officially a deputy assistant to President Trump, actually does at the White House. This hasn’t stopped him, however, from being a near constant presence in the media.

Wednesday, Gorka appeared on Breitbart News Daily, the radio show of his former employer. Gorka responded to criticism stemming from a previous media appearance on MSNBC where he said “[t]here’s no such thing as a lone wolf” attack. The concept, according to Gorka, was “invented by the last administration to make Americans stupid.”
It’s this constant, “Oh, it’s the white man. It’s the white supremacists. That’s the problem.” No, it isn’t, Maggie Haberman. Go to Sinjar. Go to the Middle East, and tell me what the real problem is today. Go to Manchester.
https://thinkprogress.org/white-house-adviser-says-people-should-stop-criticizing-white-supremacists-so-much-ddd587767d60/

with idiots like this giving Trump advise it's no wonder he can't get his talking points straight. According to wiki the term "lone wolf" was actually popularized by a white supremacist. Which, I guess, is how Gorka managed to make it about race. I guess. The term has been around at least since the 90's. Although, as I mentioned, it was a term used by white supremacist, until law enforcement adopted it. And no, that wasn't under the Obama administration.

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2013
None of your business
No one is quite sure what Sebastian Gorka, officially a deputy assistant to President Trump, actually does at the White House. This hasn’t stopped him, however, from being a near constant presence in the media.

Wednesday, Gorka appeared on Breitbart News Daily, the radio show of his former employer. Gorka responded to criticism stemming from a previous media appearance on MSNBC where he said “[t]here’s no such thing as a lone wolf” attack. The concept, according to Gorka, was “invented by the last administration to make Americans stupid.”
https://thinkprogress.org/white-house-adviser-says-people-should-stop-criticizing-white-supremacists-so-much-ddd587767d60/

with idiots like this giving Trump advise it's no wonder he can't get his talking points straight. According to wiki the term "lone wolf" was actually popularized by a white supremacist. Which, I guess, is how Gorka managed to make it about race. I guess. The term has been around at least since the 90's. Although, as I mentioned, it was a term used by white supremacist, until law enforcement adopted it. And no, that wasn't under the Obama administration.
And that corpulent single celled parasite can stick his opinion straight up his goulash.....

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Well considering Gorka has ties to Neo-Nazi groups....way beyond ironic.

And remember this?

Why do I have a feeling Bannon and Gorka had a hand in it??

Reactions: 2 people
May 2012
By the wall
Isn't the FBI already embedded in these groups, why do you need counter-terrorism on it also?

Sure its terrorism but its already covered.

Seems like overkill to put another task force or whatever they are called on it to do the same thing.

Seems like that would cause more confusion than anything else.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Isn't the FBI already embedded in these groups, why do you need counter-terrorism on it also?

Sure its terrorism but its already covered.

Seems like overkill to put another task force or whatever they are called on it to do the same thing.

Seems like that would cause more confusion than anything else.
I guess you missed that part about not targeting White Supremacists groups anymore.

Seems like a pretty bad idea considering these groups have only grown larger in number in the last 5 years.

Reactions: 2 people
May 2012
By the wall
I guess you missed that part about not targeting White Supremacists groups anymore.

Seems like a pretty bad idea considering these groups have only grown larger in number in the last 5 years.
So the FBI doesn't track them anymore?

They always have in the past. In fact, I'm pretty sure they track all major groups in this nation.

Hell, they probably have files on all of us here somewhere.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
So the FBI doesn't track them anymore?

They always have in the past. In fact, I'm pretty sure they track all major groups in this nation.

Hell, they probably have files on all of us here somewhere.
Interesting you bring that up.

Months before Saturday's white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, turned violent, President Trump reportedly was warned about the growing threat of white nationalist extremism. Foreign Policy reported Monday that the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security alerted Trump in a report dated May 10 that the white supremacist movement "likely will continue to pose a threat of lethal violence over the next year."

The report, titled "White Supremacist Extremism Poses Persistent Threat of Lethal Violence," found that white supremacists "were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement." The report went on to cite several instances of white nationalist violence, including "an 18-year-old Chinese student in Nashville, Indiana, who was attacked by a white supremacist with a hatchet," and "the stabbing of Klansman in East Yanceyville, North Carolina, by other KKK members, who believed the victim was Jewish and secretly working for law enforcement," Foreign Policy reported.

The FBI and DHS reportedly warned Trump of a possible rise in white nationalist extremism in May

This "rally" was planned a while ago and heavily promoted on social media.

So whey didn't BLOTUS do something about it - like having FBI agents on the ground during the rally?

But good to see he thinks that those groups are not worth the time or money anymore .

May 2012
By the wall
Those sound like individual and random cases of violence.

You can't really place people in position to stop it.

What infiltrating the groups means is that you can quickly find out who did it or stop something bigger, like a major terrorist attack which we just saw that they did.

If a KKK guy wants to go up and stab somebody there isn't much they can do about that.

I am fairly certain that if they are tracking radical groups focusing on the constitution that they have these guys well monitored also.