White House Counsel Pat Cipollone's Letter to Speaker Pelosi

Jan 2018
Plamer Earth
I'll say it again...the wheels on this impeachment train are falling off. Whatever political views you hold, it seems impossible (to me) to actually believe that those wheels are not becoming looser by the hour.

Sep 2016
My own world

This letter clearly lays out why what Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats are doing here is Constitutionally invalid and violates basic Due Process Rights and the Separation of Powers.

You may not agree with Cipollone's assessment here but, at least you will know what the Courts will be deciding on and in my opinion why the Democrats will again lose this latest Coup attempt.

The letter has been panned by real constitutional lawyers and professors and its nonsense. Not a legal argument in the whole letter that any court would consider worth the ink used to get the words on paper.

Sep 2016
My own world
I refuse to read the letter for you.

White House Counsel Pat Cipollones explains it in detail and gives historic context.

You cannot impeach a sitting US President and NOT give them the ability to defend themselves against the Impeachment charges.

John what are the charges right now? Do you see any articles of impeachment that are currently voted on and passed to the Senate? Until then the idiot and chief can't mount a defense. It's lie insisting that you follow around the cop and debate wether he should bag a piece of evidence. You don't have that right until the case gets to court. Head shake.

Jan 2018
Plamer Earth
What I find sad is the average Joe is being manipulated to believe that this whole thing is anything but a clown show. Oh it will play out.. to an extent. Injuries will happen on both sides of the aisle. But let's consider the outcome of Trump being removed from office (rightfully or wrongfully). The result would be horrific.... in a very real, violent, and destructive manner. The election is soon to be.. so some may ask " Why do some people find it imperative to initiate chaos in our nation?" The simple answer is "it's the right thing to do". The true answer is far more sinister.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Does anyone in their right mind think the Democrats will actually Impeach the President on something that an anonymous person said about a phone call that contradicts the actual transcript of the phone call without holding an Official Impeachment Inquiry Vote

Without giving the President's legal team Due Process

Without giving the President access to evidence

Without giving the President's Legal Team subpoena power

Without the right to confront the witnesses against him

Without the Right to call his own witnesses

Without the Right to have the assistance of counsel

That is exactly what White House Counsel Pat Cipollone states in his letter to Pelosi he also gones on to say:

Worse, the Committees have broadly threatened that if State Department officials attempt to insist upon the right for the Department to have an agency lawyer present at depositions to protect legitimate Executive Branch confidentiality interests-or apparently if they make any effort to protect those confidentiality interests at all-these officials will have their salaries withheld. 13

No one in their Right mind believe this will ever happen without launching this Great Nation in to another Civil War.
All that happens in the trial in the senate trump does not get to impede the investigation in the house

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
Sep 2016
My own world
I'll say it again...the wheels on this impeachment train are falling off. Whatever political views you hold, it seems impossible (to me) to actually believe that those wheels are not becoming looser by the hour.
Oh Dear even if the President were to shut up and the committees got nothing else at least one or two clauses could be written up and voted on and passed.
The man confessed on tape to doing what the impeachment enquiry alleges and he is obstructing the overbite duty of Congress. The further investigation is to flush out the people that knew about the deal with Ukraine and helped hide it. There is also serious concern that he did the same thing with China and Russia=sell the USA's interests in exchange for a personal favour to him or perhaps even some deal that includes his business'. Finally everybody from Barr to Pompeo and the heads of the IRS are already in contempt of congress so why not get every head of any department not co-operating on record and find them in contempt too while the committee try other ways to get the info
other than from the Administration. .

• Love

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
To comply with the Constitution's demands, appropriate procedures would include-at a minimum-the right to see all evidence, to present evidence, to call witnesses, to have counsel present at all hearings, to cross-examine all witnesses, to make objections relating to the examination of witnesses or the admissibility of testimony and evidence, and to respond to evidence and testimony. Likewise, the Committees must provide for the disclosure of all evidence favorable to the President and all evidence bearing on the credibility of witnesses called to testify in the inquiry. The Committees' current procedures provide none of these basic constitutional rights.

Surely even the most partisan extremist here know this will never fly in a court of law.
Lol. This isn’t a criminal trial. It’s an impeachment hearing.

the law is on the side of the Democrats. They have done everything by the rules. No vote is required. Period.

• Love

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
I'll say it again...the wheels of this impeachment train are falling off.
Only in the mind of desperate Trumpers. There is overwhelming support for an impeachment inquiry. In fact the majority of Americans support outright removal.

The inquiry is going great for the Democrats. The more Trump resists, the higher the impeachment numbers get.

Trump has no leg to stand on. The house has the power of subpoena and impeachment. Period.

• Love