White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission

The White House strongly denied Tuesday that regime change is part of its mission in Libya, despite a statement earlier in the day that characterized the goal there as “installing a democratic system.”
Does anyone remember during Waco when the murderers in the ATF used their speakers and stated "this is not an assault" as they drove tanks through the buildings?

Can't have it both ways peeps.

Dec 2010
But you CAN have a military intervention which stays within the boundaries of the UN resolution, and that is what President Obama has authorized.

You linked the article, michaelr--now you ought to go back and read it--the WHOLE article, not just two phrases you conclude are contradictory.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
But you CAN have a military intervention which stays within the boundaries of the UN resolution, and that is what President Obama has authorized.

You linked the article, michaelr--now you ought to go back and read it--the WHOLE article, not just two phrases you conclude are contradictory.
I read the article. If your naive enough to think regime change isn't the plan here then there isn't much that I can tell you. This is so in your face simple, it all goes to the economy and the country's need for a regional war. But that isn't the 'stated goal' is it. I haven't been telling the members that a regional war or world war is coming up as the US needs it do default on the debt.

Man we need to stop looking at these issues as singularities, they are not, connect the stinking dots.

BTW why aren't you concerned that there was no debate over this in congress. Hell Bush had at least that, he misused the results but there was at least a debate.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
The coalition of the conflicted goes to war in Libya

Creating the no-fly zone is done. Wiping out the remnants of Libya’s ragged air force is done. Pulverizing the armoured spearhead pointed at Benghazi is done. And making a smoking hole out of Moammar Gadhafi’s command-and-control headquarters in Tripoli is also done.

Libya has become a “target-poor” environment, much like Afghanistan in the first hectic days of air strikes in 2001. U.S., British, and French warplanes are already returning to bases with their bombs still strapped to their wings. Canada’s CF-18s brought their bomb load back undropped Thursday and have yet to fire.

A narrow reading of UN Security Council Resolution 1973 would suggest the war’s limited objectives have been all but reached. It’s over. But the unwritten and unspoken target may be Colonel Gadhafi himself.

And that will require ground forces and then we get to retrain their security forces, and repair the infrastructure, and well the list goes on and we have been duped. I expect that in two years the "government", probably the UN at that time, will be telling us that in two years we will leave.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Do you want to discuss Libya or Waco?
It goes to the mentality of the "government" and their condemnation for the intelligence of the American people. Maybe they have a point.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Only in your mind. If you want to discuss Waco, start a new thread.
The only on that keeps bringing up Waco is you. Only in my mind? Huh, well as the last article states, mission accomplished, so we're done, but will we leave. I do wonder what the Obamatrons will say, oh I dunno, in June when we are still there. That is going to be a hoot.

Sep 2009
The only on that keeps bringing up Waco is you. Only in my mind? Huh, well as the last article states, mission accomplished, so we're done, but will we leave. I do wonder what the Obamatrons will say, oh I dunno, in June when we are still there. That is going to be a hoot.
Umm Mikey, you brought it up in the OP.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
NATO ships patrol Libyan coast as rebels form halting government; Obama rules out land force

Both NATO and rebels begin forming a government, but hey it isn't regime change....good grief!

Gadhafi’s forces appeared to weaken even in the western region that has been his stronghold, and Western diplomats neared agreement to let NATO assume responsibility for the no-fly zone. Both the U.N.-backed force and rebels, who took tentative steps toward forming a government in the east on Wednesday, appeared to be preparing for a long battle.