White House Panic: Governor Palin Pulls Ahead Of Obama With Independents 47%-43

Aug 2011
The momentum is swinging in her favor since that oustanding phenomenal speech she gave in Iowa on Sept 3rd and it has independents favoring her over Perry, Romney and the rest of the field. This presents a huge problem for Obama because Palin is not a declared candidate yet and once she declares to run for office it will kill off the rest of the GOP candidates. Palin is doing a brilliant strategic maneuver against them that is paying off. By not anouncing her candidacy early, she is letting the other candidates self destruct as voters clearly are starting to have second thoughts about supporting them. Perry has peaked and Romney is stagnant in his numbers and is sitting idle. Bachmann will probably fold in the next few weeks as she is in a decline. Independents voted Obama in office and they are now supporting Palin over him as well as the other GOP candidates. Palins populist message about the crony capitalism that has infected both party's is clearly resonating and the people are agreeing with her. Again, Palin is positioning herself brilliantly to take the nation by storm.

Poll: Palin Leads Obama 47-43 Among Independents

More From the Marist Poll: Palin Leads Obama 47-43 Among Independents/Open Thread | Conservatives4Palin

So why is Palin gaining traction with the voters over the GOP candidates even while undeclared?

From the article:
Palin 47% Obama 47%: Turnaround & Why Marist Poll Is No Fluke « Poll Insider

1) They Got Nothin: The e-mails were supposed to prove Palin was an alloof, stupid, petty, vindictive, beauty queen. Instead, after digging through thousands of e-mails, they were astonished to find that Palin was none-of-the-above and was actually, watch out, a good Governor! Ever since the e-mail fiasco, I have seen a complete 180 in how the media treats Sarah Palin. I think they wanted to believe everything they were saying about her was true, but it just didn’t turn out that way.

2) Failed Smear Campaigns: The “gotcha” books were so poorly received, useless, and petty that even the anti-Palin liberals liked Palin more after reading the books that were out to get her. Just wait until Levi’s book comes out.

3) Palin = Breath of Fresh Air compared to other candidates. The non-politician stands out in a crowd of wishy-washy establishment cronies.

4) Independents: Palin has always made a case for being an Independent. She fights the GOP establishment just as hard as she does Obama. This is paying off.

5) Leading the Debate: It sure does seem that everything comes back to Palin. She coins words and phrases that others grab and run with. She launches attacks on the President that become mainstream positions for the rest of the field.

Last edited:

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Better send her money. She's hitting up her supporters for cash. If you want her to run, send her cash. :)

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
I do not foresee Palin defeating Obama on Election Day. Unfortunately, between the media and her own version of "foot in mouth", I do not think she could pull it off. jmo.

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
PI - do you care to be honest about this and post Palin's negatives? Or don't they count for anything?

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
I do not foresee Palin defeating Obama on Election Day. Unfortunately, between the media and her own version of "foot in mouth", I do not think she could pull it off. jmo.

I would quibble with the inclusion of the word 'unfortunately' in that sentence, Jets :)