White Liberals Patronize Minorities

May 2016
Florida
I agree. But to make the claim that trying to talk in the vernacular of your audience is somehow related to being liberal is preposterous. Correlation is not causality. Perhaps one of the reasons the study found more examples of the left doing this is because the left is a melting pot of many different voices, cultures and peoples. The right is simply white Christians...not much difference between a guy in Montana and a guy in Alabama. Wait, didn't Roy Moore wear a Cowboy hat with a six gun and ride his horse to vote? Or how about that black Sheriff from Milwaukee? Buckle up buckeroo.
Don't forget about Mitt Romney's "cheesy grits, ya'll"

Sep 2012
California
Mr. Rasselas,

Care to address the subject, or is non sequitur your modus operandi?

No obfuscation. I presented a paper in which studies show white liberals talk down to minorities, which apparently you can't counter, so you deflect.
Again, it merely says that politicians talk to their audiences the way they perceive them and believe will be accepted. Your point seems to be that the study proves racism on the left while exonerating it on the right. So in the panoply of possible racist memes, the right is absolved of being racist even though they elected a racist, selected judges that repealed the VRA, have virtually no minority support, celebrate racism up and down the ticket, engage in voter caging/suppression/ID laws and the like that purposely target minorities and so on. What we are accused of is talking down to certain groups in a very obscure manner while supporting minority rights and issues up and down the national agenda. If this is all you got buddy you are in deep trouble in the future winning any election.

Jan 2014
California
Again, it merely says that politicians talk to their audiences the way they perceive them and believe will be accepted. Your point seems to be that the study proves racism on the left while exonerating it on the right. So in the panoply of possible racist memes, the right is absolved of being racist even though they elected a racist, selected judges that repealed the VRA, have virtually no minority support, celebrate racism up and down the ticket, engage in voter caging/suppression/ID laws and the like that purposely target minorities and so on. What we are accused of is talking down to certain groups in a very obscure manner while supporting minority rights and issues up and down the national agenda. If this is all you got buddy you are in deep trouble in the future winning any election.
Mr. God,

If you didn't read the paper, why don't you just admit it? The discussion on how liberals politicians talk down to minority audiences is just one part of the paper.

Did you not see the results of the five studies showing that white liberals talk down to minorities?

Dude, why do you continue to insist on showing your ignorance?

Sep 2012
California
Mr. God,

If you didn't read the paper, why don't you just admit it? The discussion on how liberals politicians talk down to minority audiences is just one part of the paper.

Did you not see the results of the five studies showing that white liberals talk down to minorities?

Dude, why do you continue to insist on showing your ignorance?
Again, the crime you want to crow about is talking down? If that is all you got, you are in deep trouble buddy.

Jan 2014
California
Again, the crime you want to crow about is talking down? If that is all you got, you are in deep trouble buddy.
Mr. God,

So true, liberals as a rule talk down to minorities, like they were their pets, rather than fellow human beings.

Of course, you are a white liberal, so you see nothing wrong with patronizing black and brown people.

Sep 2012
California
Mr. God,

So true, liberals as a rule talk down to minorities, like they were their pets, rather than fellow human beings.

Of course, you are a white liberal, so you see nothing wrong with patronizing black and brown people.
More right wing gibberish, your posts are like reading scripts from The Blaze. You got nothing, deal with it. As for our relationship to minorities, I am not the party that is sending brown shirts to round up anyone that looks darker then a pair of chinos and then destroying their families and taking their children away from them. If you care about them, get your party to actually give a shit about them instead of trying to manufacture some bullshit about liberals.

Jan 2014
California
More right wing gibberish, your posts are like reading scripts from The Blaze. You got nothing, deal with it. As for our relationship to minorities, I am not the party that is sending brown shirts to round up anyone that looks darker then a pair of chinos and then destroying their families and taking their children away from them. If you care about them, get your party to actually give a shit about them instead of trying to manufacture some bullshit about liberals.
Mr. God,

Hyperbole much? Nobody is sending brown shirts to round up those you claim. And I didn't manufacture anything. I simply cited a study by well known sociologists at Princeton and Yale Universities.

Sorry to ruin your self righteous rant.

Feb 2011
Ever changing
I agree. But to make the claim that trying to talk in the vernacular of your audience is somehow related to being liberal is preposterous. Correlation is not causality. Perhaps one of the reasons the study found more examples of the left doing this is because the left is a melting pot of many different voices, cultures and peoples. The right is simply white Christians...not much difference between a guy in Montana and a guy in Alabama. Wait, didn't Roy Moore wear a Cowboy hat with a six gun and ride his horse to vote? Or how about that black Sheriff from Milwaukee? Buckle up buckeroo.
Our country was founded on Judeo/Christian values. Left limits it's "many different voices," to only those with which they agree

The most diverse thing in the world is opinions. There are more opinions than there are races, cultures or countries. They can be for some stolid or are ever-changing, or created new. The greatest expression of the embrace of diversity is the embrace of all opinions. Hear them out. Challenge them or agree or offer new ones. The concept of just shouting them down or limiting them to safe spaces is narrow minded and often the result of ignorance. Not stupidity so much. And there is a difference. In my humble opinion.

Sep 2012
California
Our country was founded on Judeo/Christian values. Left limits it's "many different voices," to only those with which they agree

The most diverse thing in the world is opinions. There are more opinions than there are races, cultures or countries. They can be for some stolid or are ever-changing, or created new. The greatest expression of the embrace of diversity is the embrace of all opinions. Hear them out. Challenge them or agree or offer new ones. The concept of just shouting them down or limiting them to safe spaces is narrow minded and often the result of ignorance. Not stupidity so much. And there is a difference. In my humble opinion.
Well that is all fine and good but what in the world does it have to do with the topic we are discussing? The left limits voices to those that agree with them? I have no idea what the hell this means. The left has been described as herding cats because there are so many voices, that is the very definition of the left.