White people's movement can't get it's act together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Who's in charge here? Teabaggers shrug!

These gangs of pudgy white people with misspelled signs appear to be floundering.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/07/tea.party/index.html

One major group in the Tea Party movement -- named after the famous Boston Tea Party -- is set to host its first convention in February, with former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin as its keynote speaker.

But there are fractures in the movement that threaten its future. And if history's any guide, such movements tend to flame out.

Maybe if they were just honest and called themselves Obama Baggers they could unite in their hatred.

Mar 2008
Broadcast Depth
[quote name='Davocrat' date='07 December 2009 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1260221947' post='74863']

These gangs of pudgy white people with misspelled signs appear to be floundering.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/07/tea.party/index.html

Maybe if they were just honest and called themselves Obama Baggers they could unite in their hatred.

[/quote]

Teabagger: "Butbutbut... the movement isn't about Obama! Honest!"

Everyone else: "So then what is it about?"

Teabagger: *fuckin crickets*

metheron

Former Staff
Nov 2006
MI
I would imagine it would be pretty difficult in forming a new part6y. The Democrats have the hard left that just want to be a part of the party regardless of the direction they go. The Conservatives have the hard right that follow for the same reason. That leaves moderates and those predominantly left or right but can go either way on issues. Those people are more independent for a reason. I believe that reason is that they do not WANT to be pigeonholed. How you try to corral them in support of another party is a noble cause, but probably deemed to fail. Best bet if you ask me is an independent type party that is willing to have a living platform from the beginning.

Sep 2007
This whole movement isn't about fighting unfair taxation anymore...it's all about who get's what. Like who get's the publicity to use to run for office, or who gets to write a charter. All in preparation for 2012. It's also about keeping righties in campaign mode.

Mar 2008
Broadcast Depth
[quote name='Goldwater' date='07 December 2009 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1260222368' post='74870']

This whole movement isn't about fighting unfair taxation anymore...it's all about who get's what. Like who get's the publicity to use to run for office, or who gets to write a charter. All in preparation for 2012. It's also about keeping righties in campaign mode.

[/quote]

More pawns for the unadvertised War in Class in America.

But they'll claim with their dying breath to be fighting for The People. Hard to hate em, they don't know any better. Just greedy pigs that saw an open spot at the trough and will bleat what their told, hoping the rich man might drop some slop on their plates if they carry him on their back to his declared destination.

No protesting from the rest of us will penetrate their skulls. Even after it's too late.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
[quote name='Davocrat' date='07 December 2009 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1260221947' post='74863']

http://www.cnn.com/2...arty/index.html

[/quote]

Why are people being identified by their race, for their political opinions? I am a white person. Am I automatically involved with these guys? wth is this crap?

So, is the heathcare bill a Black movement?

Maybe there is a college issue thats a Asian movement?

How about a Hispanic movement? There are a lot of Taco Bells around. Is that a Hispanic movement?

Jun 2007
[quote name='gabebrooks' date='07 December 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1260223031' post='74881']

Why are people being identified by their race, for their political opinions? I am a white person. Am I automatically involved with these guys? wth is this crap?

How about a Hispanic movement? There are a lot of Taco Bells around. Is that a Hispanic movement?

[/quote]

The HC Bill is a dark bill.

Sep 2009
[quote name='gabebrooks' date='07 December 2009 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1260223031' post='74881']

[/quote]

Many liberals use name calling, it's all Bush's fault, race, etc. I've heard enough times if you don't agree with them your a racist. This is just another example of the left using race in an attempt to belittle people. Yet what they don't realize is they belittle themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.