White superamcist radio station sent a cease/desist order for using Johnny Cash song

Jul 2015
Florida
Amazing how over and over and over and over CONSERVATIVE candidates and their groups STEAL music. Don't bother to get rights to play or ask permission. Just use them. Then legally told don't. You don't have permission. And how many, even if they are willing to pay, the artist says NO. This has happened ad nauseum. I wish a few would sue the shit out of these thieves. The capitalist party, the PROPERTY party, is either stupid, arrogant or both.

Won’t Back Down’: Johnny Cash’s record label sends cease order to white nationalist radio station
Sarah K. Burris
14 Sep 2017 at 20:44 ET

Johnny Cash (Youtube)
Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

American Recordings and Universal Music Group (UMG) currently owns the recordings of Johnny Cash — they’re going after white supremacist site Stormfront for using The Man in Black’s music.

According to Pitchfork, Stormfront was using Cash’s cover of the Tom Petty song “I Won’t Back Down” from his 2000 album as the theme music for their radio program.

In the letter from Universal, they say that the company has “not licensed, granted permission, or otherwise authorized” Stormfront’s use of the song for founder Don Black or host Rense Radio NetworkStormfront has since replaced the song with “The South Will Rise Again” and host Patrick Slattery blamed the issue on “these Jews” who he said are “trying to crack down on us every way they can.

Don Black was a previously a leader in the Klu Klux Klan.

?Won?t Back Down?: Johnny Cash?s record label sends cease order to white nationalist radio station

Blues63

Dec 2014
Tatooine
That's my gut but maybe he was a 'conservative'. (I don't know the song in question here by title, maybe I'd recognize it if I heard it).
He was intensely patriotic, but he always stood by the oppressed. 'Johnny Yuma' & 'The Man In Black' detail his feelings about this subject. He was passionate about equality for all.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Odd. They didn't even go into that in the movie.

[video=youtube;GsvZGwd8vrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsvZGwd8vrI[/video]

Jul 2015
Florida
Odd. They didn't even go into that in the movie.

[video=youtube;GsvZGwd8vrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsvZGwd8vrI[/video]
The character that played the wife in the movie didn't look anything like his wife and there was a good chunk of the movie about her. I saw the movie before I saw the pictures of her and it was pretty stunning to me that that wasn't more of 'a thing' back then.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
The character that played the wife in the movie didn't look anything like his wife and there was a good chunk of the movie about her. I saw the movie before I saw the pictures of her and it was pretty stunning to me that that wasn't more of 'a thing' back then.
Her being Italian you mean? It's been a while since I watched it, but to me it mostly centered on him and June. And his drug addiction. The part with the wife was more background story. I had the impression he did think he loved her but June was THE love of his life.