Who are your top three candidates?

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Whut is this fascination with Gabbard? Her foreign policies ate appalling.

I'm NEVER voting for an anti-semite for president.
and she’s anti-LGBT.

1. Buttigieg
2. Harris
3. Booker

I think the ideal ticket would be some order if Harris and Buttigieg because that would cover all the bases and they would be a strength for each other’s weaknesses.

Reactions: Babba and BDBoop
Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Something we need to keep in mind. Day by day the national polls become less and less significant. What happens in Iowa and NH (leading to SC) will have a big impact on the end result.

Buttigieg is doing well in Iowa and his support continues to grow. Although he does seem to be struggling with the black vote. (the gay thingy is the suspected reason.) Believe Warren has a high energy crowd but she scares a lot of people. Just not seeing her base expanding to any measurable extent.

Momentum matters and currently Buttigieg is the one who has it. In the current polarized/toxic world of politics, moderation may be the winning ticket.

i know it is cynical, but he has to have a person of color on his ticket. I get that people are all over my Twitter account saying that it’s racist to assume older black people are homophobic, but it is not. It is true. Just like their white counterparts, religious, church going POC are more anti-gay than the rest of the population.

Reactions: bajisima

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
i know it is cynical, but he has to have a person of color on his ticket. I get that people are all over my Twitter account saying that it’s racist to assume older black people are homophobic, but it is not. It is true. Just like their white counterparts, religious, church going POC are more anti-gay than the rest of the population.
Here’s a spanner in the works to consider. Many months ago Joe Biden took a meeting with Stacy Abrams. I wonder. What are the chances If it became known that she was going to be his veep if he got the nomination. Currently, at least in Iowa, Joe is in fourth, thank God.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Something we need to keep in mind. Day by day the national polls become less and less significant. What happens in Iowa and NH (leading to SC) will have a big impact on the end result.

Buttigieg is doing well in Iowa and his support continues to grow. Although he does seem to be struggling with the black vote. (the gay thingy is the suspected reason.) Believe Warren has a high energy crowd but she scares a lot of people. Just not seeing her base expanding to any measurable extent.

Momentum matters and currently Buttigieg is the one who has it. In the current polarized/toxic world of politics, moderation may be the winning ticket.

I keep hearing a lot of people saying they really want a good moderate candidate but Biden is just too old. Buttigieg seems to be taking those voters away from Biden now at least in Iowa. I think the poll yesterday out of Iowa had Biden in 4th. However, Warren still leads. Its going to be interesting to see what happens, as there is 4 strong candidates that are likely to share various states up until Super Tuesday. Its possible there might not be any single victor at that point.

Reactions: pragmatic
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think I saw Pete is in third in Iowa but he is at the back of the pack in SC. Also wasnt doing well in CA. Will be curious to see how he does in the next debate. I heard a pundit say the field seems frozen in place because there are still so many running and they just arent getting the coverage over the impeachment news. In a normal year, the primary and candidates would be headlines and the first thing discussed, but now it isnt. Still so many think Biden is "safe."

Reactions: TennesseeRain