Who are your top three candidates?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Well polling still is strong for Biden, but Warren and Sanders combined is problematic. I dont see either dropping out. Its very possible the Ds could see a brokered convention if different people win different states. Sanders wont go quietly into the wind and I dont see Warren doing that either.
If they were smart, they would start negotiating. Biden is still ahead of everyone. If ever there was a time to work out the VP slot, it's before they bloody each others noses in the following debates.

Reactions: bajisima

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Something we need to keep in mind. Day by day the national polls become less and less significant. What happens in Iowa and NH (leading to SC) will have a big impact on the end result.

Buttigieg is doing well in Iowa and his support continues to grow. Although he does seem to be struggling with the black vote. (the gay thingy is the suspected reason.) Believe Warren has a high energy crowd but she scares a lot of people. Just not seeing her base expanding to any measurable extent.

Momentum matters and currently Buttigieg is the one who has it. In the current polarized/toxic world of politics, moderation may be the winning ticket.

I think while moderation in policy is good, they also need to come off as strong against the GOP. If they can pull off strong, while maintaining professionalism... and let the GOP go all in on toxic and ugly, I think that will put a blue in the white house.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
I honestly don't care about the Islamic Nations. The faster the US closes the door to them, the better. The ME has done nothing but cost this Country money, resources and blood. The thing is...Pete served in the ME and made it out alive. Those Countries abuse women, children, animals and anything thing else they can find and probably many of them are gay as well...they just have to hide it. We don't need the ME.

The cost for a form of inclusive coverage for all...will most likely be paid for by premiums, just like we are doing now with the exception of not being ripped off by for-profit insurance companies. I don't think MFA will pass and it will not be free. She is going in with MFA but it will not shake out that way. I am thinking perhaps rolling back the eligibility age to 55 and offering a public buy in at a affordable cost not the inflated ACA costs.

I think the mantra of losing coverage is partisan hyperbole. I expect the same insurance that I pay for Medicare and Medicaid recipients. There is nothing wrong with wanting what others have....especially when you are paying for it out of your hard earned tax dollars. Medicare is in the red because our idiotic politicians, left and right have pillaged it for other causes. If the working 50 year old's are able to join, they are still working and they will pay the Medicare tax and they will pay premiums. We might save the program if given a chance. Otherwise, all those Medicare recipients will need to come out of retirement and fund their own healthcare by getting a job. The middle class is shrinking, becoming more unhealthy due to healthcare costs and won't be able to fund it adequately. If it keeps going like it is now, your kids will have to work until they drop for health insurance because Medicare will cease to exist and they will have nothing when they get old. I don't want nothing for free...I just want what I pay for.
I feel the same way about Islamic countries. But one can't just ignore 'em out of existence. I have seen Gov't programs fail for the last 60 years. Fail without failure. Anything that requires a TAX increase should be feared. Pete should serve a term as Senator first. Tulsi? Fine with me. Has SOME common sense. Warren? YUK! As bad as Hillary. But for different reasons.

Apr 2016
Seattle
No one is for infanticide. Just stop with that nonsense.
Third trimester abortion IS infanticide! The rest support it ... If you can find me a post where they or even one of them does not, I would appreciate seeing it .. Especially warren .. I have looked everywhere .. All they say is 'the health' of the mother .. Health IS NOT defined! It can literally mean anything. I personally know someone that had a third trimester abortion simply because she did NOT want it. Murder ...

Apr 2018
oregon
Something we need to keep in mind. Day by day the national polls become less and less significant. What happens in Iowa and NH (leading to SC) will have a big impact on the end result.

Buttigieg is doing well in Iowa and his support continues to grow. Although he does seem to be struggling with the black vote. (the gay thingy is the suspected reason.) Believe Warren has a high energy crowd but she scares a lot of people. Just not seeing her base expanding to any measurable extent.

Momentum matters and currently Buttigieg is the one who has it. In the current polarized/toxic world of politics, moderation may be the winning ticket.

Buttigieg would have a decent chance if he'd not come out of the closet. It shouldn't make a difference, but we all know it does.