Who Is Jamie Allman? Conservative TV Host Resigns After Threatening Parkland Survivor

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Another loser bites the dust after threatening Parkland kid.

A St. Louis TV show host at a Sinclair Broadcast Group-owned station has stepped down after he threatened to assault a Parkland shooting survivor on Twitter.

Jamie Allman, the host of nightly news show The Allman Report on KDNL in St. Louis, Missouri, and morning radio show Allman in the Morning on KFTK-FM, tweeted in late March that he was “getting ready to ram a hot poker up David Hogg’s ass."

Following the highly inappropriate comment, advertisers began to boycott KDNL, including Ruth’s Chris Steak House, PALM Health and The Gellman Team. Social media users also criticized Allman’s remarks, as did Stacey Newman, a Democratic state lawmaker in Missouri.

“We have accepted Mr. Allman’s resignation, and his show has been cancelled,” Ronn Torossian, a Sinclair spokesperson told the Washington Post.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jamie-allman-conservative-tv-host-092834945.html

Conservatives have a lack of control.

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
Conservatives have a lack of control.
Some do, yes.

I'm not okay with what he said (and wasn't aware of the tweet until last night when the news of his show's cancellation broke), though as someone who's known him for years, I also know he was using the phrase figuratively and indicating he intended tear into Hogg's comments on the next day's show, not literally threatening him with bodily harm. That doesn't make the comment okay.

Reactions: 1 person

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Was it also an intended slur on Hogg's sexuality? It was a punishment meted out to homosexuals in the mediaeval period.

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
Was it also an intended slur on Hogg's sexuality? It was a punishment meted out to homosexuals in the mediaeval period.
I doubt it. He's not particularly socially conservative (at least not on issues like sexuality, gay marriage.) Either way, it was inappropriate.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2014
midwest
I doubt it. He's not particularly socially conservative (at least not on issues like sexuality, gay marriage.) Either way, it was inappropriate.
Completely inappropriate, no matter what young Mr Hoggs sexuality.

Not a civil way to talk about anyone, especially from a person who talks for a living.

Young Mr Hogg is receiving some criticism, and rightfully so, but there should be no threats of physical violence...

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
Completely inappropriate, no matter what young Mr Hoggs sexuality.

Not a civil way to talk about anyone, especially from a person who talks for a living.

Young Mr Hogg is receiving some criticism, and rightfully so, but there should be no threats of physical violence...
Agreed.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Some do, yes.

I'm not okay with what he said (and wasn't aware of the tweet until last night when the news of his show's cancellation broke), though as someone who's known him for years, I also know he was using the phrase figuratively and indicating he intended tear into Hogg's comments on the next day's show, not literally threatening him with bodily harm. That doesn't make the comment okay.
Agreed. He wasn't meaning actually physically harming him. At the same time, it was an extremely poor choice of words when speaking of a student. The dangers of hyperbolic metaphors...

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
yeah... not cool. The guy should be gone.
I'm not going to argue Sinclair's decision. I get it. It's hard when it hits someone you know personally, though. I don't care for some of his rhetoric (in fact, a lot of it since Trump), but I care for the person and his family.