Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009?

Apr 2012
Here, there, Savoir Faire is everywhere.
Oh yeah. I forgot.

220px-President_Barack_Obama_with_the_Nobel_Prize_medal_and_diploma.jpg

And he got it for. . .

for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples

Wow! Wouldn't it suck if just a few short years later the Middle East was on fire and in complete upheaval due to his support of the Arab Spring? I wonder if anyone saw that coming.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Have you considered what would likely have happened had the U.S. not supported the Arab Spring?

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Yes maybe no dead ambassador.
What's your reasoning? How would a lack of support for the Arab Spring prevented the riots triggered by the release of "The Innocence of Muslims" film?

Sep 2006
Oh yeah. I forgot.

View attachment 2921

And he got it for. . .

for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples

Wow! Wouldn't it suck if just a few short years later the Middle East was on fire and in complete upheaval due to his support of the Arab Spring? I wonder if anyone saw that coming.
Yes it is actually a laugh riot. The Nobel Peace Prize for getting elected. His mere election was supposed to cause peace. And the drone strikes under his command continue and instead of ending the war in Afghanistan he has trippled our troop level. Then of course all of the bombings in support of installing Muslim fundimentalists in North Africa. How he packed all that bombing into less than 4 years is beyond me. Yep, Mister peace.

Sep 2006
Wonder how many Americans would be alive if Saddam weren't dead? We wouldn't be as concerned with Iran either. If you're gonna keep the despots then don't cherry pick.
If you are talking about Bush, he did not get the Peace Prize for getting elected.

Aug 2012
Yes it is actually a laugh riot. The Nobel Peace Prize for getting elected. His mere election was supposed to cause peace. And the drone strikes under his command continue and instead of ending the war in Afghanistan he has trippled our troop level. Then of course all of the bombings in support of installing Muslim fundimentalists in North Africa. How he packed all that bombing into less than 4 years is beyond me. Yep, Mister peace.
just for old gtimes sake, could you link us to all your disapproving posts of american meddling in the middle east from 2001 to 2008??

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I thought it reflected very poorly on the Nobel organization that they awarded a Nobel prize based on their perceived potential, as opposed to for someone that actually did something. However, it's not something Obama sought, nor is it something he touts. imo, their bad decision is on them.

Reactions: EnigmaO01