Whoa! I Guess I Need To Start Listening To John Delaney!

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Probably not. He doesnt seem to have the "it" factor. Plus if he doesnt get his poll numbers up, he may not be able to participate in the democratic debates this June, that will effectively kill his chances at the presidency. All the talk today seems to be about Pete Buttigieg. He had a phenomenal town hall last night and people are really looking at him.
I watched the TH last night. I found Tulsi was my favorite. She handled herself with poise and class, no screeching, she did not say anything stupid,. etc. Plus, I admire her big time. She is still active duty and is bad ass. :)

Jan 2016
Colorado
I watched the TH last night. I found Tulsi was my favorite. She handled herself with poise and class, no screeching, she did not say anything stupid,. etc. Plus, I admire her big time. She is still active duty and is bad ass. :)
I find her position on Syria to be...….deplorable.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
I find her position on Syria to be...….deplorable.
She said her words were taken out of context. She is not a war monger and neither am I. Syria is not our problem. She doesn't believe in the US to force a change of government. Every time we have done that....we have made it worse.

Jan 2016
Colorado
She said her words were taken out of context. She is not a war monger and neither am I. Syria is not our problem. She doesn't believe in the US to force a change of government. Every time we have done that....we have made it worse.
She was willing to defend one of the WORST tyrants this world has seen in the last half century. A man who has conducted what The Economist called "an industrial scale system of torture". Nor are we talking about some type of 'mild' torture, like water-boarding. We're talking about broken jaws, shattered knee-caps, sliced-off reproductive organs. We're talking about a death toll of at LEAST 20,000 people in Bashar al-Assad's torture camps and prisons.

Bad enough having President Donald Trump, with his love for various tyrants around the world. This would be a new low, consorting with a MONSTER like Assad. I didn't even get around to mentioning his poison gas attacks on his own people.....

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
She was willing to defend one of the WORST tyrants this world has seen in the last half century. A man who has conducted what The Economist called "an industrial scale system of torture". Nor are we talking about some type of 'mild' torture, like water-boarding. We're talking about broken jaws, shattered knee-caps, sliced-off reproductive organs. We're talking about a death toll of at LEAST 20,000 people in Bashar al-Assad's torture camps and prisons.

Bad enough having President Donald Trump, with his love for various tyrants around the world. This would be a new low, consorting with a MONSTER like Assad. I didn't even get around to mentioning his poison gas attacks on his own people.....
The middle east is savage like that. There isn't anything we can do to stop it. Saudi Arabia decapitates their citizens and hangs them in public for all to see. Yemen and Pakistan, throws acid in the faces of women. The middle east is a lost cause and the US needs to pull out of there. It is up to them to change their governments and we cannot change their beliefs. In the US, we don't look much better, we turn a blind eye to children getting gunned down in their classrooms and you don't see any Countries invading us to save the children.

Also, I changed my position on international war mongering...we allowed one of our own to remain in NK who was tortured basically to death and never lifted a finger to go get him.

Jan 2016
Colorado
The middle east is savage like that. There isn't anything we can do to stop it. Saudi Arabia decapitates their citizens and hangs them in public for all to see. Yemen and Pakistan, throws acid in the faces of women. The middle east is a lost cause and the US needs to pull out of there. It is up to them to change their governments and we cannot change their beliefs. In the US, we don't look much better, we turn a blind eye to children getting gunned down in their classrooms and you don't see any Countries invading us to save the children.

Also, I changed my position on international war mongering...we allowed one of our own to remain in NK who was tortured basically to death and never lifted a finger to go get him.
I'm not saying there is much we can do to stop it. But AT THE VERY LEAST, we do NOT have 'friendly relations' with such MONSTROUS governments!!!!

Tulsi Gabbard was there in Syria, meeting and hob-nobbing with that asshole! America should NOT be doing that!

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
I'm not saying there is much we can do to stop it. But AT THE VERY LEAST, we do NOT have 'friendly relations' with such MONSTROUS governments!!!!

Tulsi Gabbard was there in Syria, meeting and hob-nobbing with that asshole! America should NOT be doing that!
All of the Presidents hob know with Saudi Arabia leadership. She does not support what the ME is doing. She spent two tours over there as medic personnel and has seen up close what is going on. She could have been on a fact finding mission Syria as far as we know. Syria is not a direct threat to the US and we have no business over there wasting our resources and putting our soldiers at risk. America should stay out of politics in the ME. It is a lost cause. We can seek peace without being friendly.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/tulsi-gabbard-syria-assad/index.html

Jan 2016
Colorado
All of the Presidents hob know with Saudi Arabia leadership. She does not support what the ME is doing. She spent two tours over there as medic personnel and has seen up close what is going on. She could have been on a fact finding mission Syria as far as we know. Syria is not a direct threat to the US and we have no business over there wasting our resources and putting our soldiers at risk. America should stay out of politics in the ME. It is a lost cause. We can seek peace without being friendly.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/tulsi-gabbard-syria-assad/index.html
Gabbard met with Assad in Syria two years ago, saying at the time she "felt that it's important that if we profess to truly care about the Syrian people, about their suffering, then we've got to be able to meet with anyone that we need to if there is a possibility that we can achieve peace."

You're contradicting yourself. You say "America should stay out of politics in the ME" and then turn around and DEFEND Tulsi Gabbard for meeting with this human monster. She should NOT have done so.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA

Oh goodness - just no to her

She supports the Syrian regime.