Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restauran

Apr 2014
The liberal commie infested, queer loving north ea
Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaurant

A bizarre move from the grocery chain.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...-opening-asian-themed-yellow-fever-restaraunt

All I can say is WHAT were they thinking!. This so stupid on at least two fronts

The company announced they’d be opening the restaurant that shares a name with the racist concept of an “Asian fetish” in early March.

“Yellow Fever for an Asian restaurant?” Yahoo Finance’s managing editor Sam Ro tweeted. “That’s both unappetizing and racist.”
Food journalist Allison Robicelli, meanwhile, noted that “Yellow Fever was once known as the American Plague, killing hundreds of thousands of people during the 19th century.”

“It’s still prevalent in South American & Africa,” she continued, “and has killed tens of thousands since 2010.”
I have a suggestion: Open an African themed restaurant and name it "Black Plague " Or how about a Native American themed restaurant called "Red Skin " or "Scalps R Us"

Does anybody think that the bozos who came up with this are playing with a full deck?

Jun 2014
United States
Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaurant

A bizarre move from the grocery chain.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...-opening-asian-themed-yellow-fever-restaraunt

All I can say is WHAT were they thinking!. This so stupid on at least two fronts

I have a suggestion: Open an African themed restaurant and name it "Black Plague " Or how about a Native American themed restaurant called "Red Skin " or "Scalps R Us"

Does anybody think that the bozos who came up with this are playing with a full deck?

They succeeded in getting free publicity from you.

Just sayin'...

Jan 2016
Colorado
Perhaps they should think about changing the name to the 'Yellow Peril' Restaurant?

Hey, don't get angry! Just a suggestion!

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Isn't Whole Foods now owned by AMAZON? I believe it is. So, they should hear from the public who is upset by this.