Who's Zooming Who?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
A lot of reports, including the one I just linked, says there may not even be a report. Mueller's job is to indict people for crimes.
Disagree!
This is the most important case ever looked into by any prosecutor in history and I'm sure Mueller understands the gravity of his work.
As a lifetime patriot he'll do the right thing......hopefully quickly at this point.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Disagree!
This is the most important case ever looked into by any prosecutor in history and I'm sure Mueller understands the gravity of his work.
As a lifetime patriot he'll do the right thing......hopefully quickly at this point.
The only domestic players Mueller is investigating are Trump and his associates.

That's because the only domestic players named in his authorization are Trump and his associates.

The Russians he has indicted are strictly symbolic.

The authorization and how we got there is being investigated by Inspector Horowitz, which in my opinion is the more important of the two investigations.

Because we cannot afford to have future departing administrations trying to supplant incoming administrations just because they come up with a false narrative.

The NPR piece summarized:

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Mueller in the spring of 2017 to establish whether there were any links or coordination between President Trump's campaign and the Russians who attacked the 2016 presidential election.
Mueller is not conducting a comprehensive review of the 2016 Russian meddling. He will not be checking for whether there was prederminative bias in the FBI or the DOJ or a revenge operation in the CIA. He is doing what he was told to do. And ONLY that.

Attached is the IG's report on the FBI based on the Clinton email probe.

This is probably a more thorough documentation of one aspect of the 2016 activities that led to the authorization of Mueller than anything we have so far. But the IG is not done yet. This report obliterates any attempt at suggesting that Trump's firing of Comey was "obstruction of justice." Comey was incompetent.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Last edited:

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Latest on how the government attempted to zoom Trump, from the beginning, well before he was President.

And while I do not object to a focused counterintelligence investigation, I object to the appointment of a special prosecutor who can leapfrog past that investigation and ignore it as a mandate or limitation.

The entire transcript of the Lisa Page interview is now available

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/politics/lisa-page-peter-strzok-insurance-policy/index.html

Page told House lawmakers in a closed-door interview that the text message about an "insurance policy" if Trump won the 2016 election — which Republicans have cited to point to the anti-Trump bias the investigators exhibited — was a reference to the fact that the FBI's counterintelligence investigation into whether members of Trump's team were colluding with Russia would take on a greater significance if he was in the White House.
Transcripts from Lisa Page Testimony Suggest Brennan Knew about Steele Dossier Before FBI

One key finding from Page's testimony indicates that former CIA Director John Brennan was involved with the Steele dossier before the FBI was.

Lisa Page insisted that the FBI investigative unit didn't know about the Steele dossier until mid-September 2016. However, Brennan was aware of the dirty dossier in early August 2016, and used the unverified information to brief former Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.). On August 29, Reid asked the FBI to "investigate evidence suggesting that Russia may try to manipulate voting results in November."

Jan 2007
Why don't you take your badly written fiction, and shove it back up whatever orifice you pulled it out of?

Your work of imagination and speculation is yet another of your thinly veiled, yet fully transparent attempts to smear the Obama administration. It would be far better for all concerned if you found a forum on the web better suited to your anti-Obama masturbatory fantasies - say perhaps, Alex Jones or Breitbart.
We sure don't want to soil obama's historic reputation. Every bit of this went down on his watch. His state dept, his intelligence, agencies , his Justice Dept. It's his show.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Citing 'Spying' On Trump, Barr Says He's Looking Into Origins Of Russia Inquiry

Current coverage from NPR:

Why, for example, wasn't Trump briefed explicitly about the contacts his staffers were making with Russians at the time the FBI became concerned enough about it to open its counterintelligence investigation?

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., described a case in which counterintelligence officials became worried that a man working for Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., might have problematic ties to the Chinese government. Feinstein was briefed and the man was fired, Graham said. Why weren't Trump or his team briefed in that same way?

"That is one question I have," Barr said. "Normally the campaign would have been advised of this. I'm interested in getting that answer."

Trump's campaign even included two former United States attorneys, Barr said— Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani — people familiar with law enforcement and well known to the Justice Department. The attorney general said he wants to find out what notifications were made to the team and why.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Rod Rosenstein shares his thinking about the Mueller investigation

Anything about The pre-Mueller Russian investigation will be posted here. Some data suggests intentional shaping by Obama of both the public messaging and colluding with the press by someone at the FBI.

Rosenstein agreed to the first two things the senator asked, but then explained, "I did not promise to report all results to the public, because grand jury investigations are ex parte proceedings. It is not our job to render conclusive factual findings. We just decide whether it is appropriate to file criminal charges."

He said that there were "some critical decisions" about the investigation that had been made before he was on the job as deputy attorney general. The Obama administration, he said, "chose not to publicize the full story about Russian computer hackers and social media trolls, and how they relate to a broader strategy to undermine America."

And the FBI had given classified evidence about the investigation to top lawmakers and their staff, and "someone selectively leaked details to the news media."