Who's Zooming Who?

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Carter Page: FBI Wanted Me To Make False Testimony About Russians

Vaguely familiar, expect to unnamed readers of this thread, such as Poster 19.

CARTER PAGE: It was under the Obama administration and then a number of top officials, Attorney General Holder, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, and [former Assistant Attorney General] John Carlin in January of 2015, a year before the start of when I joined the-- I was a volunteer on the Trump campaign, they had this indictment... of the three Russians. So I was one of the main sources on "Male #1."

MARIA BARTIROMO: That's interesting because you were "Male #1" -- we're looking at a timeline in 2013 you're male number one and they indict these people and the indictment comes down in January 2015 and they name you as Male #1.

CARTER PAGE: Well there's this big thing about masks and unmasking, and I was very lightly masked and there are a lot of problems in that indictment and they really kind of put me out on a limb.

MARIA BARTIROMO: That's what I want to ask you because then you start getting death threats your life was in danger... We're taking a pivot looking at how the government has treated government informants...
There were so many falsehoods and misrepresentations in their indictment the prior year. I said I am not going to lie in court. Similar to their false court filings, which the DOJ and the FBI has submitted in this case. So it was a long back and forth with them but I told them, I am a man of my word and I'm not going to, you know, provide false testimony like they've done. It is very similar between the false testimony which they did and that case against the Russians, and the false testimony which they did a few months later in October of 2016 with their start of the FISA abuse.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
DOJ inspector general found all four Carter Page FISA warrants were illegally obtained, Joe diGenova says

Hearsay, but put a pin in it and see if it stands up.

“I can report categorically that the inspector general has found that all four FISA warrants were illegal. They were based on false information supplied to the FISA Court. And Michael Horowitz has concluded that all four FISA warrants were illegal," he told WMAL on Monday.

The announcement comes days after The Hill's John Solomon reported Horowitz had completed his investigation and, after a declassification period, could be released sometime between mid-September to early October.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Justice Department inspector general has done separate report on James Comey

Slightly off topic, but not entirely.

Comey has been under investigation for his handling of several memos he wrote memorializing conversations with President Trump. The memos began in January 2017, when Trump was still president-elect, and continued until April 2017, the month before Trump summarily fired the FBI director.
Comey's memos were, at the least, confidential FBI documents, and at most, in some cases, classified. Comey told Congress that he sent some of the memos to a friend for the purpose of being leaked to the New York Times. Comey hoped media reports would set off a firestorm that would ultimately result in the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the Trump-Russia matter.

That is precisely what happened with the appointment of Robert Mueller.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
More pre-release coverage of the next Horowitz report.

ANALYSIS: Comey may not be off the hook in FISA investigation

There’s little reason to believe Horowitz’s next report won’t be as bad or worse for Comey. Since 2018, Horowitz has been reviewing the FISA surveillance warrants targeting former Trump campaign associate Carter Page, and the watchdog is likely scrutinizing every aspect of the FISA approval process, including the FBI’s extensive use of an unverified dossier compiled by British ex-spy Christopher Steele through funding from the Clinton campaign. The head of the FBI plays an integral role in the FISA process — Comey signed and approved three of the four FISA warrant applications and renewals.

Steele put his salacious allegations together in 2016 at the behest of the opposition research firm Fusion GPS, which had been hired by the Clinton campaign through its law firm, Perkins Coie. The FBI knew Steele was desperate for Trump to lose, his dossier was flawed, and he was receiving funding from Clinton, but these facts weren’t revealed to the FISA Court.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
And another.....

What to Expect When You're Expecting FISA Abuse | RealClearPolitics

By Charles Lipson - RCP Contributor
September 03, 2019
AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster
Now that James Comey’s corruption of the FBI has been exposed, the country awaits the next report from Inspector General Michael Horowitz. This one will deal with government misrepresentations to the special court that grants secret surveillance warrants on foreign agents in the United States.

To launch a counter-intelligence investigation on an American citizen, like Carter Page, the Department of Justice applies to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. All warrants require accuracy and integrity, but those to the FISA court should meet an even-higher standard. Why? Because, unlike criminal warrants, FISA warrants remain hidden. The goal is to “spy on spies,” not haul them into court, so the application will remain secret, never challenged by a defense attorney at trial.
That’s why the DoJ and FBI must certify, in writing, that the FISA application is truthful and complete and that the evidence it presents has been thoroughly vetted by the bureau. That’s what the Obama administration’s top law-enforcement officials did when they wanted to spy on Carter Page. It is becoming increasingly clear they were lying.

Mar 2007
This one is more newsy and pragmatic.

Graham urges Barr to declassify nine sets of documents from Horowitz FISA investigation

Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham wants Attorney General William Barr to declassify nine sets of documents from Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s upcoming report on potential abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

“In order for the Inspector General to be able to present the most complete results of his investigation to Congress and the American people, certain documents will need to be declassified and released to the public,” Graham wrote in a newly released letter.

Mar 2007
Shit is hitting the fan for the "we'll stop it" commandos.

UPDATE: U.S. Attorney moving forward with charges against McCabe Based On IG Report Findings

the DOJ is also seeking former McCabe’s text messages. According to government sources the text messages will play a significant role in understanding the FBI’s probe into both President Donald Trump’s campaign and the bureaus’s handling of Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server to send government emails.

Lawmakers unsuccessfully attempted to get the text messages during the litany of Congressional investigations. Ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee Devin Nunes, R-CA, told this reporter Monday that his committee was stonewalled by the FBI when they attempted to retrieve McCabe’s communications.