Why did God say: Let us give Satan to mankind?

Sep 2013
Canada

God created Eden as his heaven on Earth so that he could, some day come down and rule over us.

He cast Satan out of heaven. I guess because she was creating a huge division there, and decided to send her to Earth, to also create division here, which she did.

Why would a good God curse the Earth by sending Satan, the personification of evil, to Earth?

Regards
DL

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
... He cast Satan out of heaven. I guess because she was creating a huge division there, and decided to send her to Earth, to also create division here, which she did. ...
The timeline has always baffled me. Day one was the separation of light and darkness. Day two was skies and oceans. Day three was oceans and land. So depending on how you slice it, there was no earth until day two or three of creation. So when were Lucifer and his followers cast from Heaven?

He was in Eden, so he was on earth during the first week - but that doesn't necessarily mean he was cast out prior. But in Isaiah 14:12–14 (which describes the fall), Lucifer is referenced as "you who laid the nations low. This implies that the fall took place sometime after the existence of "nations."

Last edited:

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work

God created Eden as his heaven on Earth so that he could, some day come down and rule over us.

He cast Satan out of heaven. I guess because she was creating a huge division there, and decided to send her to Earth, to also create division here, which she did.

Why would a good God curse the Earth by sending Satan, the personification of evil, to Earth?

Regards
DL
Because it makes the story more exciting, and also gives people something to blame for God's creation being imperfect and riddled with evil.

Sep 2013
Canada
The timeline has always baffled me. Day one was the separation of light and darkness. Day two was skies and oceans. Day three was oceans and land. So depending on how you slice it, there was no earth until day two or three of creation. So when were Lucifer and his followers cast from Heaven?

He was in Eden, so he was on earth during the first week - but that doesn't necessarily mean he was cast out prior. But in Isaiah 14:12–14 (which describes the fall), Lucifer is referenced as "you who laid the nations low. This implies that the fall took place sometime after the existence of "nations."
Indeed, and that blends well with the fact that adam, with a lower case, a means society or tribe in the Jewish language.

This should be the proper way to read Genesis so that Cain can later have the available labor to build a city.

Regards
DL

Sep 2013
Canada
Because it makes the story more exciting, and also gives people something to blame for God's creation being imperfect and riddled with evil.
Yes, and then sending us to hell for being as he created us to be.

Nothing quite like taking responsibility for your actions. Then again, he had Jesus do that for him.

All part of why I call Yahweh a vile demiurge.

Regards
DL

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet

Regards
DL
What are you basing this nonsense on? Satan and Lucifer where never proven to be the same being.

May 2012
By the wall

You don't know the timeline of God.

You are looking at them through human perception.

If you believe those timelines are literal you believe people lived till 900 yrs. old or so back then.

That is unrealistic.