Why do religions focus more on sexual "sins" than those involving integrity?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Christianity has a troubled history as to all things sexual. I guess it's a control mechanism.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Not a religious person, but in my experience, I find more Christians saying things like "they deserved it" or "we will get them back twice as hard" in reference to various things. Its seems many modern Christians seem to find the Old Testament, "Fire and Brimstone" stuff more to their liking than the more peaceful stuff found in the New Testament. They seem to over look many things like wealthy ministers that steal money or get caught with mistresses and bad behavior. Its more of a dog eat dog scenario these days frankly.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I have often asked that very same question.
As of yet I've gotten no rational answer.
Best of luck to you in getting one.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
Homosexuality is one of the big topics of the day.

It wasn't Christians promoting it, but it's Christians reacting to it. Certainly, though, because of movies, where adultery and fornication are heavily emphasized, Christians focus on sexual sins above others. But, lying, cheating, stealing, and other sins are equally wrong, and Christians need to avoid them.

Wonderer

Council Hall
May 2014
Missouri
THAT is a marvelous question. Sin is sin. I will say that your observation isn't true of all Christians/churches. But certainly what gets a lot of notice. If I had to speculate, it'd be something along the line of "sex sells."