Why do religions focus more on sexual "sins" than those involving integrity?

Jun 2013
Here
I would also point out that it is not only non-Christians that are concerned with the blatant hypocrisies of their fellow Christians, but believe God will be the judge, not them.

What seems odd is that some denominations of Christianity appear to emphasize a fear of how God will judge them and where God will appoint their "afterlife" based on how they live their mortal human lives, yet the Christians so many have concerns about seem to totally lack any fear about how their hypocrisies and defiance of the beliefs they claim to have and the God they claim to believe in, will be judged.

Is "shameless" the right word or is "clueless"? Do they know what they are doing or is it a lack of capacity for introspection of their own actions, for whatever reasons, including hyper narcissism, vanity, conceit, greed.....etc.?

Are these folks imposters? Is it they really don't believe in God/Christ or their claimed religion, beyond how they can exploit the power of "faith" and some of the "faithful" for herding and political purposes?

Are they false teachers? (for many or all of the same reasons cited above for imposters)

How many people are drawn in by what they are "selling" and how many people are turned off by what they see as blatant hypocrisy?

Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
There is at least 5 years of evidence of you supporting it.
There is none. You are still lying and trolling.
You are a reform or restructionist Jew, not an Orthodox.
You are wrong, and in fact have no business telling me what I think or believe. You are making things up to fit your demented narrative.

Nov 2008
Washington state
There is none. You are still lying and trolling.

You are wrong, and in fact have no business telling me what I think or believe. You are making things up to fit your demented narrative.
Read the link. Orthodox Jews do not support gay marriage. You have been supporting it since it was ruled by the Supreme Court ruled on it in 2015 and before that even when it was not legal

Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I do not need to read the link. I know the differences between the various Jewish groups far better than you. You are merely looking for excuses to make personal attacks and troll because you cannot have an adult conversation about the subject matter.
Orthodox Jews do not support gay marriage.
Orthodox Jews are no more of one mind about political issues than any other group of Jews - or much of anyone else, for that matter. The fact is that all you are capable of is lying, trolling and making personal attacks. Shut up and go away.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I have often asked that very same question.
As of yet I've gotten no rational answer.
Best of luck to you in getting one.
Most of them crave power, especially the old men, but many of the women goalong.the Church I switched to never mentions any of the subjects mentioned above. Religion has been based on power over the ages. That is the reason so many are turning away. They follow the New Testament.

Anyone who truly follows in the footstepsof Christ teachings does not dwell on the negative, only the positive of living life the right way.

I have no idea if there is a Heaven or Hell, just concentrate the best I can. I often fail when I am angry and have been angry quite a bit the last few years. I try to think, this too shall pass but am really not sure that will happen in my lifetime.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I do not need to read the link. I know the differences between the various Jewish groups far better than you. You are merely looking for excuses to make personal attacks and troll because you cannot have an adult conversation about the subject matter.

Orthodox Jews are no more of one mind about political issues than any other group of Jews - or much of anyone else, for that matter. The fact is that all you are capable of is lying, trolling and making personal attacks. Shut up and go away.
Thank you for that, Ian. None of us in any Religion all think one way. Not if we use the brain we have..

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Bull-fucking-shit.

Lot's of conservative Christians here with posts howling about gays, transgenders, abortion, even borth control. Using the Bible to justify their attacks.

I've yet to see one howling about the sin of usury, sins like gluttony and bearing false witness (unless it's a Democrat that's doing the lying).
I'll take your comment seriously when I see something like that.
As Mark Lowry said, after turning sideways, that you will never hear a Sermon on Gluttony in the Baptist Church!

Motto, First we Pray, then we hit the buffet!

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Well these are the 10 commandments. Not really what Christians should be focusing on. But that’s a different discussion than what you want to have. You don’t actually care what Christians believe. You just want to talk about the left right debate on homosexuality as contextualized through a political lens of religion.

I don’t care about homosexuality. I’m a Christian and a conservative and I see it as one of the biggest travesties of my party. Why? Because it is stupid to be involved in that discussion. We are a secular government and defining marriage as between a man and a woman only? Why? There is no valid scientific reason. Only culture and religious.
I beg your pardon! If you follow those 10 Commandments that is all you need.