Why do some people oppose college students conceal carry on campus?

May 2012
By the wall
There are massive social politics on a university campus. These kids get pissed off at the drop of a hat. All staff members at my university are required to take training classes in how to diffuse hostile situations before they blow out of control. Everything from relationship fights to the beginning of protests.

Add guns to the mix and it increases the risk. These kids are filled with spit and vinegar and can go off in a minute, I have seen it happen.

Feb 2016
Kannapolis North Carolina
There are massive social politics on a university campus. These kids get pissed off at the drop of a hat. All staff members at my university are required to take training classes in how to diffuse hostile situations before they blow out of control. Everything from relationship fights to the beginning of protests.

Add guns to the mix and it increases the risk. These kids are filled with spit and vinegar and can go off in a minute, I have seen it happen.
So someone who goes to the trouble and does all the background checks and is allowed to conceal carry should not be allowed to conceal carry on a campus? Are you saying some kind of trible urge caveman mentality changes a person when they go onto a college campus?

Nov 2014
TN
To think students should be allowed to carry guns on campus is ludicrously fucking stupid. Attempting to explain why to a dumbshit who thinks otherwise is a waste of time.
Actually people that take the time to earn their CCL are have a better safety record with their firearms than law enforcement, and also less likely to commit a crime than LEO.

If you are worried about accidents are crimes, CCL holders are a better choice than LEOs.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
So someone who goes to the trouble and does all the background checks and is allowed to conceal carry should not be allowed to conceal carry on a campus? Are you saying some kind of trible urge caveman mentality changes a person when they go onto a college campus?
Shouldn't the College or University have a say? The fact is if the University is a private institution, it has the right to decide what is best for their institution.

If an institution is a public institution, then the state can allow campus carry, but most states leave it to the public institution's administration whether to allow firearms on campus.

It is a student's right to choose where he wants to attend.

If a student wants to carry his firearm to school, then he should choose an institution that allows him to do so.

I don't understand what the problem is?

Feb 2016
Kannapolis North Carolina
Shouldn't the College or University have a say? The fact is if the University is a private institution, it has the right to decide what is best for their institution.

If an institution is a public institution, then the state can allow campus carry, but most states leave it to the public institution's administration whether to allow firearms on campus.

It is a student's right to choose where he wants to attend.

If a student wants to carry his firearm to school, then he should choose an institution that allows him to do so.

I don't understand what the problem is?
Not if it's a state funded campus the tax payers should make that choice. Or the gun free zone school should be open to civil libilities if a studenty is shot because they could not defend their own life.