Why does the ADL heat map skip left wing attacks?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
So, The ADL "heat map" is currently listing groups handing out logo stickers as hate activity...

but you filter it to left wing and there is nothing there for 2018-2019

ADL H.E.A.T. Map

Now this begs a question, if handing out a sticker that has your groups logo is a hate incident, wouldn't leftist groups attacking an asian reporter, or two latino marines be listed?

Why shouldn't it be?

and more importantly if you agree that it should be listed and it's missing, how can you use this as a source for anything?

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Because the group compiling the information for the map (ADL, in this case) is biased towards their ideological/political like-minded people...

Unfortunate. But, that's just the way humans are built...

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
So, The ADL "heat map" is currently listing groups handing out logo stickers as hate activity...

but you filter it to left wing and there is nothing there for 2018-2019

ADL H.E.A.T. Map

Now this begs a question, if handing out a sticker that has your groups logo is a hate incident, wouldn't leftist groups attacking an asian reporter, or two latino marines be listed?

Why shouldn't it be?

and more importantly if you agree that it should be listed and it's missing, how can you use this as a source for anything?
I see one listed there. Maybe the attacks you are bringing up do not meet a certain threshold.

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I see one listed there. Maybe the attacks you are bringing up do not meet a certain threshold.

Thanks, that's one, it did not show up before. but still. I can think of at least two attacks this year by the leftist group antifa that were far more noteworthy than slapping your groups sticker on a bus stop.

Reactions: Chief

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Thanks, that's one, it did not show up before. but still. I can think of at least two attacks this year by the leftist group antifa that were far more noteworthy than slapping your groups sticker on a bus stop.
Perhaps there is another thing... historically, if you look at what ideology would typically target Jewish, it would more often be a right leaning ideology, which could make a group like ADL more vigilant towards them, even if they intend to capture all equally. Disclaimer: skimming, so I can miss stuff. I think generally though, ADL is not specifically political.