Why does Trump retweet doctored photos like....

Jan 2012
SoCal
It’s called a meme.

The political right doesn’t have a giant corporate media full of late night hosts and so on who will ridicule the left. So when some good jokes and ridicule pop up Trump appears to enjoy highlighting them.

If he is immature or whatever other label you care to assign to that then so is every person who laughs at Alec Baldwin pretending to be Trump or anything the Jimmy’s, Seth Meyers, James Corbin, etc all come up with as jokes.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
It's also particularly tone deaf.

He JUST tweeted to the Muslim Iranian protesters*:

“To the brave, long-suffering people of Iran: I've stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage.”

... And then a day or two later, he retweets a doctored image of his political opponents, in which he attempts to insult them by portraying them ... as Muslims.

Like I said ... tone deaf.

* Of course, Twitter is blocked in Iran, so I'm not sure how that works.

Apr 2014
Maryland
It’s called a meme.

The political right doesn’t have a giant corporate media full of late night hosts and so on who will ridicule the left. So when some good jokes and ridicule pop up Trump appears to enjoy highlighting them.

If he is immature or whatever other label you care to assign to that then so is every person who laughs at Alec Baldwin pretending to be Trump or anything the Jimmy’s, Seth Meyers, James Corbin, etc all come up with as jokes.
What is so pathetic is that you classify comedians in the same category as the President of the United States. Trump sure knows his base

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
It’s called a meme.

No, this is just you trying to justify his poor behavior. Trump is suppose to be the leader of this nation, and ALL of it's people, not just those who show undying loyalty to him. He is suppose to be above the fray. But apparently, that is above his abilities. It's kind of expected of comedians...it's what they do. So no, this behavior isn't something that you can justify. It's sad that people find this acceptable. It just shows how low the trump supporters have lowered their expectation just to accommodate him.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Do you think it would be funny if Obama tweeted the picture of trump playing golf with his lard ass and panty lines showing? This is the President of the United States and it is sad that people like you think that is dignified because it is “funny” shame on you for being so immature
Well posting panty lines, that would cross the line.

Reactions: HadEnough2