Why Hillary Lost Big And What Democrats Had Better Learn In The Future

Jun 2014
In A Van Down By The River
The "RustBelt" can sum it up in one word.

Michigan and Wisconsin along with Pennsylvania and Iowa really "cinched" it for Trump.

Overall "liberalism" has neglected the White "working" class for decades and the "Rust Belt" region has a Large share of these forgotten folks who as Michael Moore said will "Turn Out" to Toss a Hand Grenade in the system.

While traditionally blue States Trump was able to motivate their "anger" in large enough numbers.

Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
She didn't "lose" big. I'm given to understand she won the popular vote. If the democratic party needs to "learn" anything is they cannot govern a multicultural multiethnic country while denigrating and vilifying the largest minority, white working class folks.

Jun 2014
She didn't "lose" big. I'm given to understand she won the popular vote. If the democratic party needs to "learn" anything is they cannot govern a multicultural multiethnic country while denigrating and vilifying the largest minority, white working class folks.

I'm speaking of the "Electoral College " not popular vote and that she also lost States that in a normal year are solid Blue in the bag speaks volumes.

Jan 2016
Colorado
The "RustBelt" can sum it up in one word.

Michigan and Wisconsin along with Pennsylvania and Iowa really "cinched" it for Trump.

Overall "liberalism" has neglected the White "working" class for decades and the "Rust Belt" region has a Large share of these forgotten folks who as Michael Moore said will "Turn Out" to Toss a Hand Grenade in the system.

While traditionally blue States Trump was able to motivate their "anger" in large enough numbers.
You say liberalism "has neglected the White 'working' class for decades" and I say conservatism has been ATTACKING the working class for decades, ever since Ronnie RayGun's trickle-down tax cuts of the 1980's.

You see, the wealth never trickled down.

Well, it never DOES. It certainly didn't during the Age of Feudalism, when aristocrats were hogging all the wealth and the peasants were living on porridge and gruel.

Trickle-down economics is like feeding the birds by giving more oats to the horses.

[Hope you were not just sitting down to dinner; I might have ruined your appetite....]

Dec 2007
I'm speaking of the "Electoral College " not popular vote
Ok.

and that she also lost States that in a normal year are solid Blue in the bag speaks volumes.
This from my earlier post......

........If the democratic party needs to "learn" anything is they cannot govern a multicultural multiethnic country while denigrating and vilifying the largest minority, white working class folks......

Jun 2014
You say liberalism "has neglected the White 'working' class for decades" and I say conservatism has been ATTACKING the working class for decades, ever since Ronnie RayGun's trickle-down tax cuts of the 1980's.

Well, it never DOES. It certainly didn't during the Age of Feudalism, when aristocrats were hogging all the wealth and the peasants were living on porridge and gruel.

Trickle-down economics is like feeding the birds by giving more oats to the horses.

[Hope you were not just sitting down to dinner; I might have ruined your appetite....]

I'm referring to the politics of Race pandering, Envirmentalism, and Obama care premiums.

Rust Belt democrats are not your typical Ideological liberals as they are on the coasts or Hollywood elitists.

These people are Plant workers, Farmers, Truck Drivers, and Low Wage workers who haven't seen a Pay Raise in years.

Trump had them with TRADE and Immigration.

Hillary played a more ELITIST "coastal liberal" ideologue platform which simply did not "appeal"

Dec 2007

By all means continue to believe you are right and tens of millions of us "deplorables" are wrong. Just keep doing that. While you weren't paying attention to the white working class this election was as much a referendum on president obama as on hillary.

Our Divisive President
Barack Obama promised a new era of post-partisanship. In office, he's played racial politics and further split the country along class and party lines.

Jan 2016
Colorado
By all means continue to believe you are right and tens of millions of us "deplorables" are wrong. Just keep doing that. While you weren't paying attention to the white working class this election was as much a referendum on president obama as on hillary.

Our Divisive President
Barack Obama promised a new era of post-partisanship. In office, he's played racial politics and further split the country along class and party lines.
I've been paying attention to the working class for DECADES, Dutch, though I don't understand your racist focus on the WHITE working class. I'm a CHAMPION of the working class. Those people haven't gotten a significant increase in their real wages for DECADES. They have every RIGHT to be angry. They have every RIGHT to be pissed off. Alas, the vast majority of them are not well educated enough to understand WHAT is causing their misery, and have thus COMPLETELY mis-diagnosed their own problems. They think dirty FOREIGNERS are to blame for their problems, and it is the EASIEST thing in the world for a politician to blame any problems on FOREIGNERS. When, in truth, the vast bulk of America's economic problems are clearly stamped "Made in America".

Being a very gullible person, you tend to fall for those politicians who blame all our problems on DAMNED FOREIGNERS.