Why is it bad to suggest that we dump the illegal aliens in sanctuary cities?

Jul 2011
NYC
sanc·tu·ar·y
/ˈsaNGk(t)SHəˌwerē/
noun

1. 1.
    a place of refuge or safety.
    "his sons took sanctuary in the church"
    synonyms:refuge, haven, harbor, port in a storm, oasis, shelter, retreat, bolthole, foxhole, hideout, hiding place, hideaway, den, asylum, safe house, fastness; More

So in a country, where it is illegal to enter and live if you are not a citizen, if you come here, where not but a better place to go or be put by the government if they can't deport you than in a non-hostile city where you are welcomed and given sanctuary?

Seems like a win win to me...

Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
This whole thing is probably the phoniest debate in America today (and, with Trump in office, that is saying something). No one proposes or purports to stop the federal government from enforcing immigration law.

Mar 2019
California
This whole thing is probably the phoniest debate in America today (and, with Trump in office, that is saying something). No one proposes or purports to stop the federal government from enforcing immigration law.
Refusing cooperation IS preventing Federal Agents from doing their jobs. Some Judges in 'Frisco won't even allow ICE agents in the Courtroom. The Perp gets ROR and goes ozone. Never to be heard from again.

Jul 2011
NYC

That is the very crux of having a "sanctuary city". come on Ian. Why would there be a need for a sanctuary city if not to shield illegal aliens from the federalis, the whole crux of it is not reporting criminals or police contact of illegals aliens who by their very nature have committed a federal crime to the federalis.

Jul 2014
CA
Stifle it, you are being hysterical with your nonsense.
Again, how am I being hysterical and posting nonsense when you literally seem unaware of the actual policies when it comes to Sanctuary Cities?

Let me ask you this. Should law enforcement be spending their time hunting down people with parking tickets or the ones committing serious felonies?