Why is it bad to suggest that we dump the illegal aliens in sanctuary cities?

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Can You Be Arrested in California for Failing to Report a Crime?

If this applies to me and you wouldn't it at least apply to the officers individually?

Some people in California have a duty to report crimes even if they did not witness the crimes themselves. California’s Mandatory Reporting Laws require that certain professionals, including

• Teachers and other school officials,
  • Law enforcement,
  • Medical professionals,
  • Social workers,
  • Therapists,
  • Clergy, and
  • Firefighters, report instances of child abuse and neglect.

Keyword in the link

VIOLENT

Like yeah..

Reactions: Panzareta

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
Keyword in the link

VIOLENT

Like yeah..

SO you would be ok with an illegal alien embezzling money from an old lady, as long as it was say less than 400 bucks so it was a misdemeanor from being deported. noted.

Feb 2015
sadness
sanc·tu·ar·y
/ˈsaNGk(t)SHəˌwerē/
noun

1. 1.
    a place of refuge or safety.
    "his sons took sanctuary in the church"
    synonyms:refuge, haven, harbor, port in a storm, oasis, shelter, retreat, bolthole, foxhole, hideout, hiding place, hideaway, den, asylum, safe house, fastness; More

So in a country, where it is illegal to enter and live if you are not a citizen, if you come here, where not but a better place to go or be put by the government if they can't deport you than in a non-hostile city where you are welcomed and given sanctuary?

Seems like a win win to me...
yeah no.... it still allows them in to suck up our money and disappear into the woodwork.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
yeah no.... it still allows them in to suck up our money and disappear into the woodwork.

No what I am saying is simple, if we HAVE to take the horde, perhaps we should dump them in a "sanctuary" like we do for turtles or certain plants. ;) Put them where they are wanted.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Reactions: Devil505

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
No what I am saying is simple, if we HAVE to take the horde, perhaps we should dump them in a "sanctuary" like we do for turtles or certain plants. ;) Put them where they are wanted.
The only way we would have to take anyone would be if they qualify for asylum, in which case they can go where they wish - like anyone else.

Nov 2016
USA
Refusing cooperation IS preventing Federal Agents from doing their jobs. Some Judges in 'Frisco won't even allow ICE agents in the Courtroom. The Perp gets ROR and goes ozone. Never to be heard from again.
Link?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
No. The federal government has no jurisdiction to punish for state crimes, any more than it can forcibly deputize states to enforce immigration laws for it. It is a federalism issue, nothing more.

are there federal immigration laws?

Do they have a duty to alert the relevant authorities like you or I would in certain jurisdictions?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
The only way we would have to take anyone would be if they qualify for asylum, in which case they can go where they wish - like anyone else.
ok, I'm mostly arguing for the sake of arguing but I got a serious question....

If someone say is illegal and ins in this country for a certain number of years, can they ask for asylum or what is the time limit for doing so?

back to the banter.... do state leo have a requirement, duty or by law, have to alert federalis of a federal crime violation?