Why is Trump asking Russia for advice?

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
I am NOT 'pro-war'. I was TOTALLY against our invasion of Iraq in 2003, remember? I was called a TRAITOR because of my fierce opposition to that clusterfuck, which I saw coming ahead of time. On the other hand, I actually believe America does have the right to defend itself against terrorists, and apparently you disagree with that.

Unless you clarify your position, I am going to assume that you favor surrendering to them.
yeah, if you still believe in any aspect of the war on terror, or you believe in war only when your party does it, then we're having completely different conversations. supporting the war on terror only when your party does it is what the republicans do.

if this was just an instance of obama targeting some one guy because he's connected to an enemy group--well, that's still against international law, i believe, but in any case, that's not what's going on. obama dropped 28,000 bombs on middle eastern countries in 2016. the only material difference between the Democrat war and the Republican war is that the democrats are more reluctant to put troops on the ground, because they don't get the political windfall from that that the republicans do.

you're not "defending yourself from terrorists." you're killing kids for no reason, same as the republicans. and of course when you're called out on it, you have to call people shitty names, because what you're doing is so fucking horrible.

Last edited:

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
It's like Putin has a Dear Abby style advice column and Trump is naively seeking clarity.

Dear Vlad,

So, I'm the 70 plus year old leader of the free world and I have a, oh let's call it a "thing", for a certain low level murderous dictator who, quite frankly, has been given a raw deal by world leaders of the past. I'd like to go on meeting him in far off exotic locales, eating things like molten lava cake and maybe a cheeseburger, but I feel I'm getting nowhere. I'm willing to cancel all sorts of our military commitments but he doesn't seem like he *really* wants to get rid of his nuclear capabilities. The local enemies of the people back home keep saying he's effortlessly manipulating me but I never believe them. Could he be stringing me along?

Signed,

Wondering in Washington D.C.
And posing and inventing truthiness and trying to get people to buy into your ambitions is somehow something new for Trump?

He could have written the exact letter you invented and still have done it to sell condos in Russia, which is far more likely than him being willing to hack into the DNC computers.

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
the expression on trump's face is clearly meant to convey that the act is one of mutual consent. and it's something i've been seeing over and over again since the strategy was first unveiled to blame hillary clinton's loss on russian interference. i've seen one version after another of the idea that trump is "putin's bitch," or trump sucking putin off, or deep kissing putin, etc. that's been going on since 2016. i really think it's because center-right corporate establishment democrats think they'll get political purchase by purloining right-wing talking points. i'd advise you to stop, but i don't think you will. so just do your thing, man.
There.
You happy?
Same meaning... we're getting fucked.

Dec 2015
SoCal
the expression on trump's face is clearly meant to convey that the act is one of mutual consent. and it's something i've been seeing over and over again since the strategy was first unveiled to blame hillary clinton's loss on russian interference. i've seen one version after another of the idea that trump is "putin's bitch," or trump sucking putin off, or deep kissing putin, etc. that's been going on since 2016. i really think it's because center-right corporate establishment democrats think they'll get political purchase by purloining right-wing talking points. i'd advise you to stop, but i don't think you will. so just do your thing, man.
That meme certainly has legs.

Jan 2016
Colorado
yeah, if you still believe in any aspect of the war on terror, or you believe in war only when your party does it, then we're having completely different conversations. supporting the war on terror only when your party does it is what the republicans do.

if this was just an instance of obama targeting some one guy because he's connected to an enemy group--well, that's still against international law, i believe, but in any case, that's not what's going on. obama dropped 28,000 bombs on middle eastern countries in 2016. the only material difference between the Democrat war and the Republican war is that the democrats are more reluctant to put troops on the ground, because they don't get the political windfall from that that the republicans do.

you're not "defending yourself from terrorists." you're killing kids for no reason, same as the republicans. and of course when you're called out on it, you have to call people shitty names, because what you're doing is so fucking horrible.
I'm not even convinced that you have any clue as to WHO Anwar al-Awlaki even was, or that he was considered the world's most dangerous terrorist, and not just by the United States, but by almost all Western governments. And no, cruise missile attacks on known terrorists are NOT against international law. They are actually the most precise form of warfare that has yet been developed. Perhaps in the future even more precise methods will be developed, that would allow us to target specific individuals, and eliminate the risk of injuring or killing any innocent bystanders. We are not there yet. But in the meantime, you want us fighting terrorists with our hands tied behind our backs, prohibiting ourselves from using our biggest technological advantage over the terrorists groups.....OR you don't even want us fighting the people who are trying to KILL us at all! You still have not made clear which.

Here is what IS illegal under international law: Torture. The kind of torture that was being engaged in by the Bush/Cheney administration WAS illegal, under both the Geneva Convention, to which America is a signatory nation, and the laws of our own nation, including a law signed into effect by none other than President Ronald Reagan. America is STILL suffering the blowback from Abu Ghraib.

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
i'm talking about the teenage kid. Is that who you're talking about?

Obama Killed a 16-Year-Old American in Yemen. Trump Just Killed His 8-Year-Old Sister.

abdulrahman-1485778045.jpg

you assassinated a teenager, an american citizen abroad, without due process. I can't take anything you say about his history seriously because he was denied due process, so how do i know anything you say about him is true? don't forget this war was started on a lie. any act committed in its name could well be based on a lie too.

And what about the 28,000 bombs (turns out it was a mere 26000+) obama dropped on the middle east in 2016?

yeah, dude. you be on the side of the people doing this shit. I'll be over here on the other side, calling you out for it. Fuck your war on terror.

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. What a bloody end to Obama's reign | Medea Benjamin

Last edited:

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
the idea that the wars you wage are "precise" is also bullshit. You've killed nearly a half-million people in the middle east with your pointless war, and around half at least are innocent civilians.

It’s Time for America to Reckon With the Staggering Death Toll of the Post-9/11 Wars

"Brown University’s Costs of War Project this month released a new estimate of the total death toll from the U.S. wars in three countries: Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The numbers, while conservatively estimated, are staggering. Brown’s researchers estimate that at least 480,000 people have been directly killed by violence over the course of these conflicts, more than 244,000 of them civilians. In addition to those killed by direct acts violence, the number of indirect deaths — those resulting from disease, displacement, and the loss of critical infrastructure — is believed to be several times higher, running into the millions. "

Dec 2015
SoCal
the idea that the wars you wage are "precise" is also bullshit. You've killed nearly a half-million people in the middle east with your pointless war, and around half at least are innocent civilians.

It’s Time for America to Reckon With the Staggering Death Toll of the Post-9/11 Wars

"Brown University’s Costs of War Project this month released a new estimate of the total death toll from the U.S. wars in three countries: Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The numbers, while conservatively estimated, are staggering. Brown’s researchers estimate that at least 480,000 people have been directly killed by violence over the course of these conflicts, more than 244,000 of them civilians. In addition to those killed by direct acts violence, the number of indirect deaths — those resulting from disease, displacement, and the loss of critical infrastructure — is believed to be several times higher, running into the millions. "
So the question remains: why is Trump asking Putin for advice?