Why mass shooting?

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Why do you think someone commits a mass shooting? What do you think is wrong with them?

Because guns are too easily accessible in this country.

There are plenty of things wrong with those who commit these despicable acts, but the greater wrong to our society was SCOTUS's misinterpretation of the Second Amendment in DC v. Heller.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
This may be the most under-recognized reason, though it's not the only one. Many of the killers have written manifestos.

Summary of Eric Hoffer’s, The True Believer

Hatred is the most accessible and comprehensive of all the unifying agents … Mass movements can rise and spread without belief in a god, but never without a belief in a devil
All mass movements generate in their adherents a readiness to die and a proclivity for united action; all of them, irrespective of the doctrine they preach and the program they project, breed fanaticism, enthusiasm, fervent hope, hatred and intolerance; all of them are capable of releasing a powerful flow of activity in certain departments of life; all of them demand blind faith and single-hearted allegiance …
Dylann Roof - Wikipedia

Last edited:

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
This may be the most under-recognized reason, though it's not the only one. Many of the killers have written manifestos.

Summary of Eric Hoffer’s, The True Believer
So many people don't give you credit around here.

One of the other main common denominators of these shootings isn't political at all. They all point to places on the deep and dark web where tallies on shootings are counted. Where many people who have committed these shootings are members of various groups. There are many points about this on Twitter if you get into searching, but when you go to "Google" them, there isn't much because... Google. Just news on the latest US shooting.

But if you use a DuckDuckGo browser, or extension and search the same terms you find a lot more interesting articles, blogs, forums, information that Google will never show you. Audit it if you discount my claim. I've seen some down right dirty shit.

I'd post links if a. I had them in particular context, or b. I wouldn't get banned.

What if this whole BS was just a game? Like the line about people liking to watch the world burn in Batman.

Some people do.

What easier way than to target places where you know people won't do anything? WalMart, Malls, Schools, Churches, Summer Camps (Norway), Retail.

This doesn't even have to be some conspiracy by some covert govt operation, just people, being evil as fuck.

I need to see evidence but there is a lot to support this argument that the new serial killing is mass shooting. And the payoff for these fucktits is news, media, social, arguments, turmoil. How is that not a legacy for an evil person?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Because guns are too easily accessible in this country.

There are plenty of things wrong with those who commit these despicable acts, but the greater wrong to our society was SCOTUS's misinterpretation of the Second Amendment in DC v. Heller.
Guns were MORE accessible historically. Schools had gun clubs and competitions. Kids brought loaded guns to school. We still have schools around here with shooting ranges in the basement. How come nobody shot up a school then?