Why Newt Gingrich Is A World-Class Asshole

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Nov 2014
North Carolina
Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice' - CNNPolitics.com

So, Newt VOTED to convict Bill Clinton on the charge of obstruction of justice, but NOW he says a President CANNOT commit obstruction of justice, simply because he's President.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Newt.
I believe you are taking him out of context.

Gingrich was saying the President couldn't obstruct justice by firing the FBI director - because that is his right as the chief executive officer. No crime is being committed.

That's different than say committing perjury or providing false evidence - which is not something the President is at liberty to do via the power of his office.

So while I can understand the confusion and why at first glance it may appear like Gingrich is being a hypocrite - when you take his comments into full account I don't believe its fair. I see what he was saying, and it's a fair point. Even though Gingrich would be the first to tell you that he's a partisan.

Last edited:
Apr 2012
Oct 2015
ohio
Not sure why we are talking obstruction since none has took place.

This discussion is irrelevant. Newt Gingrich is priggish, and a supercilious Trump sycophant. Listen to him if you choose, but that is what he is.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I believe you are taking him out of context.

Gingrich was saying the President couldn't obstruct justice by firing the FBI director - because that is his right as the chief executive officer. No crime is being committed.

That's different than say committing perjury or providing false evidence - which is not something the President is at liberty to do via the power of his office.

So while I can understand the confusion and why at first glance it may appear like Gingrich is being a hypocrite - when you take his comments into full account I don't believe its fair. I see what he was saying, and it's a fair point. Even though Gingrich would be the first to tell you that he's a partisan.
If he fired the FBI Director in order to stop the Russia investigation----and he most CERTAINLY did, since he bragged about it to the Russians in the now infamous Blabbergate meeting, and also on network TV-----then it IS obstruction of justice.

There is a prima facie case for obstruction of justice against Donald Trump at this point, regardless of what either you or Mr. Trump think.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Not sure why we are talking obstruction since none has took place.

This discussion is irrelevant. Newt Gingrich is priggish, and a supercilious Trump sycophant. Listen to him if you choose, but that is what he is.
No obstruction, huh? You are daft. Mr. Trump has basically already CONFESSED to obstruction of justice.