Why the Uk needs to bring back the Death penalty

Nov 2015
UK
Why? What would terminating this man accomplish?
A number of points -

1) Current UK deterrents are not meaningful. The law seems to make the perpetrator(s) more important than the victim(s). The victim(s) now has/have no rights, no life and the perpetrator(s) is/are wasting oxygen. Jamie Bulger case is a prime example.

2) As per the Ministry of Justice 27 October 2016, it costs the tax payer £32,510 per year per inmate to keep in prison (less in some prisons and more in high security prisons). Society shouldn't be burdened any further.

3) Capital punishment should help towards population growth for global warming reasons.

4) People are quick to terminate a fetus but they want to protect murderers. There's nowt as queer as folk.

Can I ask, did you think this through before asking?

Also, why would you want to protect the life of a guy that murdered your family member (as an example)?

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
What's the list of pros in protecting murderers?
Who said anything about protecting murderers? I'm saying that it should not be up to the government to put people to death - they suck at that....BAD. They can't even make simple decisions. This is why I do not support capital punishment. It's not a deterrent and it dramatically targets the poor.

Next.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
A number of points -

1) Current UK deterrents are not meaningful. The law seems to make the perpetrator(s) more important than the victim(s). The victim(s) now has/have no rights, no life and the perpetrator(s) is/are wasting oxygen. Jamie Bulger case is a prime example.

2) As per the Ministry of Justice 27 October 2016, it costs the tax payer £32,510 per year per inmate to keep in prison (less in some prisons and more in high security prisons). Society shouldn't be burdened any further.

3) Capital punishment should help towards population growth for global warming reasons.

4) People are quick to terminate a fetus but they want to protect murderers. There's nowt as queer as folk.

Can I ask, did you think this through before asking?

Also, why would you want to protect the life of a guy that murdered your family member (as an example)?
Putting people to death is far more expensive than just keeping them in prison.

Nov 2015
UK
Putting people to death is far more expensive than just keeping them in prison.
Two ideas -

1) What's the cost of a magazine of bullets?

2) Up to a week in jail, gallows, a rope, one lever, a coffin made out of MDF, cremated. I bet £1, that's still cheaper than £32,150.

I don't think ISIS struggled with costings and look at the numbers they accomplished.

Last edited:
Nov 2015
UK
Who said anything about protecting murderers? I'm saying that it should not be up to the government to put people to death - they suck at that....BAD. They can't even make simple decisions. This is why I do not support capital punishment. It's not a deterrent and it dramatically targets the poor.

Next.
Yup, that's Ben Shapiro's exact thoughts as well.

Hand the pulling of the gallows lever over to the family of the victim, let them decide.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Two ideas -

1) What's the cost of a magazine of bullets?

2) Up to a week in jail, gallows, a rope, one lever, a coffin made out of MDF, cremated. I bet £1, that's still cheaper than £32,150.

I don't think ISIS struggled with costings and look at the numbers they accomplished.
So, you want to remove any chance that some of the innocent people that are murdered in this manner will live? Awesome.