Why Trump Will Win Again

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
. We're just living through the same patterns that got him elected the first time . Dems haven't learned anything . They're giving Trump everything he needs to know to exploit them. Democrats are just too selfish. They have no clue how to truly unite against a common enemy . Instead of focusing on the Senate , they have 20+ highly qualified candidates running for president . By the time the primary is over Trump will already have campaigned in key battleground states . He'll already have his campaign ground game up and running in every state . Democrats will bloody each other up. They'll piss off each others supporters , fracture any potential winning coalitions, get pissy and resentful of each other , and serve up a flawed and compromised nominee , that Trump will eat alive . It's what they do best .

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
. We're just living through the same patterns that got him elected the first time . Dems haven't learned anything . They're giving Trump everything he needs to know to exploit them. Democrats are just too selfish. They have no clue how to truly unite against a common enemy . Instead of focusing on the Senate , they have 20+ highly qualified candidates running for president . By the time the primary is over Trump will already have campaigned in key battleground states . He'll already have his campaign ground game up and running in every state . Democrats will bloody each other up. They'll piss off each others supporters , fracture any potential winning coalitions, get pissy and resentful of each other , and serve up a flawed and compromised nominee , that Trump will eat alive . It's what they do best .
Turnout will be key. Independents need to feel comfortable voting for the D candidate and not going third party. Most Ds will vote for whoever the candidate is, but its the indies and NeverTrumpers that will need to get together and vote for the D candidate. If they dont, Trump could win again with 44% of the vote if the third party gets another 5% or so again.

Also if there are fractures. CNN talked about AOCs endorsement yesterday and how it could fracture the party if she stands firm on being far left and then say Biden wins the nomination. It could lead to progressives angry again. I guess it all will come down to how badly they want to replace Trump.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Because it matters. There's more at stake in the Democratic primary (as to furthering progressive goals) than there is in the general election.

I agree with you about the Senate, though.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Because it matters. There's more at stake in the Democratic primary (as to furthering progressive goals) than there is in the general election.

I agree with you about the Senate, though.
I have been to a few local political events and hear a lot of people saying things like "if Biden is the nominee I refuse to vote for him." or "If Warren is the nominee I refuse to vote for her." So I do think there still are a lot of voters who wont just vote for anybody. I doubt seriously if my 3 millennial kids would vote for Biden, they likely would not vote or vote third party. So thats a potential issue I guess.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
It could lead to progressives angry again. I guess it all will come down to how badly they want to replace Trump.
That is because they basically do not care. Those other than "their candidate" are equally objectionable in their eyes; and if they cannot get "their candidate," they will scorch the Earth and make sure everyone suffers for it.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
That is because they basically do not care. Those other than "their candidate" are equally objectionable in their eyes; and if they cannot get "their candidate," they will scorch the Earth and make sure everyone suffers for it.
I'm not voting for some billionaire bootlicker just because they run as a Democrat.

I'm voting progressive even if I have to write in. I just hope and pray one of the candidates actually is a progressive, even a weak sister progressive.

I don't value civility enough to vote for any fascist just because they have better manners than Trump.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I'm not voting for some billionaire bootlicker just because they run as a Democrat.

I'm voting progressive even if I have to write in. I just hope and pray one of the candidates actually is a progressive, even a weak sister progressive.

I don't value civility enough to vote for any fascist just because they have better manners than Trump.
This entire post is based on things that are not true.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I disagree for 2 reasons:
1. HRC will not be his opponent.
2. He was a fresh/new character in 2016. Now he's a wellknown bore with a small base.

Voters will ask themselves "is the economy great for me??"........Most will answer NO.