Why would Mueller accept a plea deal from Manafort that didn't include cooperation?

Jun 2014
United States
Why would Mueller accept a plea deal from Manafort that didn't include cooperation?

Well, if Manafort agreed to accept a life sentence, it might be worthwhile to avoid the expense of continuing trials.

That said, I doubt that this is what is happening. Most likely, he's attempting to flip on Trump and become a rat.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

Well, if Manafort agreed to accept a life sentence, it might be worthwhile to avoid the expense of continuing trials.

That said, I doubt that this is what is happening. Most likely, he's attempting to flip on Trump and become a rat.
that was the last thing that was reported before these new developments broke. Mueller was trying to get him to flip last we heard. Then, this new info came out. We're all suppose to find out today.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida

Manafort is already facing an effective life sentence. Mueller is after Trump and could care less about expense.

I doubt Manafort is willing to spend the rest of his life in prison for Trump.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
If Manafort is already facing a life sentence for pleading guilty, what Is the incentive for flipping on Trump?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
If Manafort is already facing a life sentence for pleading guilty, what Is the incentive for flipping on Trump?
He is facing an effective life sentence for being convicted by a jury.
His incentive for flipping is to get out of jail and have his sentence reduced.
(ie....give us Trump and you'll only spend 6 months-1 year in prison)

His main worry is probably the Russian mafia...in or out of prison.

He's be crazy not to flip!