Why would the House need to explain what an impeachable offense is?

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Obviously if they are going to write articles of Impeachment they will need to explain what the Impeachable offense is.

Seems like being able to explain it to the American people is fairly important.

Now if what you are saying is that the people should just go along without understanding, I say bad move space cadet.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Obviously if they are going to write articles of Impeachment they will need to explain what the Impeachable offense is.

Seems like being able to explain it to the American people is fairly important.

Now if what you are saying is that the people should just go along without understanding, I say bad move space cadet.
they don't need to bring in experts to explain the impeachment offenses. Although, I do agree this is an important step. I disagree with the premise you're asserting as it's purpose. The clear purpose here is to push back on the misinformation being put out by the Trump administration, Fox News, Republican's in congress, etc. It's a crying shame when you have elected members of Congress, as well as our own president, going out and lying about the process and misrepresenting how our government works. Our Congress needs to remind the America people that our Constitution matters and we're a nation of laws. But, most importantly, we don't take orders from the Kremlin.

Reactions: Panzareta
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
so how can we believe that 50% of the public can be for impeachment when only 32% can name the three branches of government?
What does that have to do with it? Are you saying that a person must have sufficient expertise on the structure of government in order to have an opinion on whether a president should be impeached or not?