Why would there be a divide between white and black evanglicals regarding Trump?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
doesn't seem to make sense at face value. Until we factor in how white evangelical Christians have pretty much supported Republican's since at least Bush Sr. Whereas, the opposite has been true for black evangelical Christians who have typically supported Democrats. But, the question remains. Why would their be a racial divide among Christians as a group? This question is not in any way intended to be offensive, or to question the Christian faith.

Your thoughts....

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Many factors.

-Blacks have been voting Democrat for decades now. One black guy told me you're not black if you vote republican. Tough to reverse that, but Trump is reversing that by a small amount. Especially among black males
-the black family has seen fatherlessness rise dramatically since welfare in the late sixties. Single mother households and biological father is not in the home. No need for dad to provide, the govt is the provider in many cases for the urban fatherless homes. So those blacks will vote for Democrats for the entitlements.
-since James Cone, the father of the heretical view "Black Liberation Theology" the black church is not on solid theological ground. There is lots of social justice sermons instead of sermons about how we are sinners and we need Christ who died for sinners to save us. But I could say the same problem is in the white churches as well. But when you aren't on good sound Biblical ground, you start accepting abortion on demand, lgbtq from Obama and cultural marxism.

Reactions: Hognoxious

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Many factors.

-Blacks have been voting Democrat for decades now. One black guy told me you're not black if you vote republican. Tough to reverse that, but Trump is reversing that by a small amount. Especially among black males
-the black family has seen fatherlessness rise dramatically since welfare in the late sixties. Single mother households and biological father is not in the home. No need for dad to provide, the govt is the provider in many cases for the urban fatherless homes. So those blacks will vote for Democrats for the entitlements.
-since James Cone, the father of the heretical view "Black Liberation Theology" the black church is not on solid theological ground. There is lots of social justice sermons instead of sermons about how we are sinners and we need Christ who died for sinners to save us. But I could say the same problem is in the white churches as well. But when you aren't on good sound Biblical ground, you start accepting abortion on demand, lgbtq from Obama and cultural marxism.
I'm just trying to figure out the mindset of a devout Christian that supports Trump. What would it take for Trump to lose that support? I don't get how his , lying, bigotry, sexism, and all around lack of human decency, is being excused away because he's advancing the partisan political agenda of white evangelicals - such as appointing Conservatives judges?

Reactions: Friday13
Mar 2019
I'm just trying to figure out the mindset of a devout Christian that supports Trump. What would it take for Trump to lose that support? I don't get how his , lying, bigotry, sexism, and all around lack of human decency, is being excused away because he's advancing the partisan political agenda of white evangelicals - such as appointing Conservatives judges?
White Evangelical Christians voted for Trump mostly because of these things.

supporting religious liberty
pro-life
2nd amendment
And nominating many judges that support those things above

If Trump reversed on those issues, he would lose his white evangelical Christian support.

Hopefully this helps you understand

Mar 2019
Also, we don't condone his past affairs, certain comments he has made. From time to time, you will see me disagree with what he did, or said, and say that he should apologize for something he said

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
White Evangelical Christians voted for Trump mostly because of these things.

supporting religious liberty
pro-life
2nd amendment
And nominating many judges that support those things above

If Trump reversed on those issues, he would lose his white evangelical Christian support.

Hopefully this helps you understand
so , murder, rape, genocide, or other crimes against humanity are all ok, so long as you all get what you want from out of him politically?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
Many factors.

It's "Democratic" when referring to the party, whether you like it or not. Look it up in the dictionary.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Also, we don't condone his past affairs, certain comments he has made. From time to time, you will see me disagree with what he did, or said, and say that he should apologize for something he said
"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?