Will Bunch Makes a Point I've Been Making

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I really have come to believe that even if Trump is impeached by the House, he has set terrible precedents and gotten away with them. That's my main reason for impeaching him. Unfortunately, the Senate most likely will not convict.

That’s because — as noted earlier — the real scandal of Trump’s presidency is his amoral and narcissistic willingness to do any and all things that are terrible for the country but are good for his own personal power and ambition. The symptoms of that corrupt disease played out on a global canvas from Kyiv to Trump’s golf resort in Scotland to the corridors of the Justice Department. If we don’t make it clear that no president is above the law — all of the laws, including obstruction of justice and the Emoluments Clause — then we will only be setting the stage for a future president who will be even more dangerous than Donald Trump.
Yes, if someone smarter comes along and is as corrupt it will be even worse than what we've witnessed with Donald Trump.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
It seems its a mess and almost a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. The House is most likely going to impeach and then all bets are off with the senate. I attended a political event over the weekend with my daughter and most people there were asked about impeachment. They said they are tired of hearing about it and many said its too late to even bother they just said "vote him out." It was an event for Buttigieg and many there said he is gaining momentum and were concerned the impeachment would kill it for him.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
It seems its a mess and almost a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. The House is most likely going to impeach and then all bets are off with the senate. I attended a political event over the weekend with my daughter and most people there were asked about impeachment. They said they are tired of hearing about it and many said its too late to even bother they just said "vote him out." It was an event for Buttigieg and many there said he is gaining momentum and were concerned the impeachment would kill it for him.
I wish people would think of the damage Trump is doing. But I don't think they have a very deep understanding of how much damage he is doing. And I know they don't have time to keep up with things and dive very deeply into anything, but I have such a bad feeling about the future of this country.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I wish people would think of the damage Trump is doing. But I don't think they have a very deep understanding of how much damage he is doing. And I know they don't have time to keep up with things and dive very deeply into anything, but I have such a bad feeling about the future of this country.
I think most people figure Trump will be impeached. Due to the timing of the hearings, most people will be busy with traveling and getting ready for Thanksgiving. So they view it as a given. Then we will see a pause until mid January and then see what happens with the senate. I still just dont know how that will play out. The timing of the entire thing is a bit problematic but thats not up to average people. We are so divided I doubt it will sway many opinions. I heard someone yesterday say "there are three voters for 2020, those that will vote Trump, those that will vote for any democrat, and those who wont vote for Trump but dont know who or what they will do yet." Trump will hold his 40%. Then its up to the others that run against him to get a message out to lure voters in.

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
The Party is looking beyond Trump. This is about preventing the Democrats from taking the WH. It’s the same principle in play now as it was in 2016. It’s why the GOP frog allowed the Trump scorpion to ride its back. Too many Republicans do not care how much damage will be inflicted in the process. What the Republican Party cares about first and foremost is nominating judges to SCOTUS.

Apr 2012
I really have come to believe that even if Trump is impeached by the House, he has set terrible precedents and gotten away with them. That's my main reason for impeaching him. Unfortunately, the Senate most likely will not convict.

Yes, if someone smarter comes along and is as corrupt it will be even worse than what we've witnessed with Donald Trump.

The corruption and lies are all coming from democrats. Mueller had all Obama and Clinton partisan biased lawyers

Reactions: spyydrr

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

Please articulate the actual "damage" he is doing and provide examples. Thanks.

Reactions: orangecat
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I think Trump will be removed. His behavior wil become wilder, until Americans are absolutely sick of him.

Reactions: Friday13
Apr 2012
It is democrats doing the damage. They are doing nothing but impeachment now so they are no longer doing their job

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
The Party is looking beyond Trump. This is about preventing the Democrats from taking the WH. It’s the same principle in play now as it was in 2016. It’s why the GOP frog allowed the Trump scorpion to ride its back. Too many Republicans do not care how much damage will be inflicted in the process. What the Republican Party cares about first and foremost is nominating judges to SCOTUS.
And tax cuts for the wealthy. They are, literally, willing to burn it all down for their judges and their tax cuts.