Will House Democrats Sacrifice their own on food stamps for battle on wall?

Nov 2008
Washington state
As the partial government shutdown extends into its third week, the Department of Agriculture won't say how long it can keep paying out food stamp benefits for the nearly 39 million people who depend on them each month.

The White House and House Democrats, locked in a bitter political struggle over border wall funding, have started raising alarm that the food stamp program, one of the most significant forms of aid for low-income Americans, could run out of funds in coming weeks if Congress doesn’t act — an apparent attempt by both sides to increase pressure on Congress to end the shutdown.
Here's what happens to food stamps and other federal food programs during the government shutdown
According to this article it more likely Democrats by a 2 to 1 margin will depend on food stamps. Will the House sacrifice it’s own dependents ( Liberals) to withhold funds for the wall? The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Border Fence
Seems to me if the Department of Ag is paying out benefits...then it is up to the Dept of Ag to determine when it is no longer to pay out benefits.

My guess is that DoA will find the money as long as Donald needs them to.

Last edited:

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Trump and the Republicans are hoping and praying that those who use food stamps and the federal workers and anyone else who is adversely affected by this shutdown blame the the Democrats. Why do you think he didn't insist on the funding for the wall during the two years the Republicans would have gladly given it to him? As an added bonus it's quite a distraction from all of the investigations involving Trump.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Seems to me if the Department of Ag is paying out benefits...then it is up to the Dept of Ag to determine when it is no longer to pay out benefits.

My guess is that DoA will find the money as long as Donald needs them to.
Funds are due to run out in February

Feb 2014
Michigan
Trump and the Republicans are hoping and praying that those who use food stamps and the federal workers and anyone else who is adversely affected by this shutdown blame the the Democrats. Why do you think he didn't insist on the funding for the wall during the two years the Republicans would have gladly given it to him? As an added bonus it's quite a distraction from all of the investigations involving Trump.
I don't believe the Republicans would have gladly given it to him, many of them were pissed off that he beat their best people! Yes, Trump said he would own the shut down. But he can't OWN the shutdown until the Democrats put a budget bill on his desk for him to sign. They haven't done that yet. Once Trump refuses to sign it, it's on him. Until then, it's on the Democrats to do their part. If they won't, it's their shutdown.

May 2016
Florida
As the partial government shutdown extends into its third week, the Department of Agriculture won't say how long it can keep paying out food stamp benefits for the nearly 39 million people who depend on them each month.

The White House and House Democrats, locked in a bitter political struggle over border wall funding, have started raising alarm that the food stamp program, one of the most significant forms of aid for low-income Americans, could run out of funds in coming weeks if Congress doesn’t act — an apparent attempt by both sides to increase pressure on Congress to end the shutdown.

According to this article it more likely Democrats by a 2 to 1 margin will depend on food stamps. Will the House sacrifice it’s own dependents ( Liberals) to withhold funds for the wall? The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients

There's a shitload of trailer park republicans that depend on food stamps as well, maybe when it runs out they will realize how bad a choice it was for them to vote for Trump.

Nov 2008
Washington state
There's a shitload of trailer park republicans that depend on food stamps as well, maybe when it runs out they will realize how bad a choice it was for them to vote for Trump.
Half as many as Democrats.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset

Here's what happens to food stamps and other federal food programs during the government shutdown

Do you think the GOP will sacrifice all their small business owning voters who depend on food stamp customers to stay solvent?

Trump's direct food supply idea isn't new, it used to be how the government fed the poor. They would buy up surplus food (keeping farm prices up) and distrubute it in boxes to the starving. Shopkeepers objected to this as unfair competition, so food stamps were intoduced to support small businesses.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Some of those people up in WV would have given up their ACA and Obama job training and schooling if it meant voting against Trump.