Will Obama be re-elected?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
If you take a look at the general tracking poll, one can see a general steady decline in Obama's approval rating. Given this trend, It seems unlikely that he will be re-elected.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

The bigger number is the "disaproval" rating which is showing a steady incline.

You look at these numbers, then add them to how close he is to any of a number of challengers, including one who probably wont run Christie, it to me seems Obama has a tough road ahead of him

What say you?

Jan 2011
east coast
If you take a look at the general tracking poll, one can see a general steady decline in Obama's approval rating. Given this trend, It seems unlikely that he will be re-elected.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

The bigger number is the "disaproval" rating which is showing a steady incline.

You look at these numbers, then add them to how close he is to any of a number of challengers, including one who probably wont run Christie, it to me seems Obama has a tough road ahead of him

What say you?
Yeah, i was quite confident Obama would walk away with re-election, but not so sure now. I don't put too much into the polls just yet, too much time to go, but it looks like it may be a struggle for him. I'm still holding out hope that he will remain in the WH, but givin' the state of our nation, too many disgruntled folks, and whomever is in the WH at the time, of course, takes the heat,even if it isn't warranted. I will hold my predictions until i know who the challenger will be.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Yeah, i was quite confident Obama would walk away with re-election, but not so sure now. I don't put too much into the polls just yet, too much time to go, but it looks like it may be a struggle for him. I'm still holding out hope that he will remain in the WH, but givin' the state of our nation, too many disgruntled folks, and whomever is in the WH at the time, of course, takes the heat,even if it isn't warranted. I will hold my predictions until i know who the challenger will be.

I agree with you 99% (cept the part about him stayin), But I find full agreement with your analysis. It's a long way out, but it's shaping up to be a tough road.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Yes he will win. (I can't think of a single Republican who could beat him unless they find someone named "Generic Republican" to run)

Reactions: the watchman

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I would never try to predict this far out. Too many things can happen in the next 13 months. People aren't particularly happy with Obama right now, but they can't stand the Republicans, so who knows what's going to happen.

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
I think President Obama is in the same position as President Bush Sr. The economy was the issue that brought down his administration. The only thing missing is someone using "Its the economy...." as a slogan. I do not think he gets re-elected unless the economy shows significant progress.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
The repubs better come up with somebody pretty quick because Obama's approval rating really doesn't mean squat. Hell, I would say I don't approve of Obama's handling of much myself but I damn sure don't see anybody as of yet that I would vote for ahead of him.
I think a lot of voters feel the same way.

Aug 2010
See you in a new existence!
I think the odds are he will be reelected by default. At the moment, the strongest GOP candidate appears to be Romney. Whether Romney can inspire enough swing voters to his side remains to be seen at more than a year from election. If he can, he will win. If he can't, Obama wins by default.