Will Rep Murtha Now Apologize

M

Migi e!

eAnother of the US MArines accused of murder & taken to trail (courts martial) has now been cleared. Out of the original 7, there has now been 6 cleared, one more to go.
Murtha accused them of "cold blooded murderers" before there were ever any charges filed. Does he now owe the ones that have been cleared (the last one is expected to be cleared too) an apology?
Some here globbed onto Murthas disgraceful & sickening accusations, will you take back what you said?
http://www.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080617/us_nm/usa_iraq_haditha_dc

B

Bluegrass

Another of the US MArines accused of murder & taken to trail (courts martial) has now been cleared. Out of the original 7, there has now been 6 cleared, one more to go.
Murtha accused them of "cold blooded murderers" before there were ever any charges filed. Does hr now owe the ones that ahve been cleared (the last one is expected to be cleared too) will he apologize?

http://www.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080617/us_nm/usa_iraq_haditha_dc
If Murtha called them that, then he should apologize immediately.

M

Migi e!

M

michaelr

I think if Murtha wants Bush's ass on a platter then he should keep his attention focused on that and leave the troops alone.

L

liberalman

He defenitely did just that. Right after the story came out about the deaths in Haditha, Murtha jumped to the podium & said exactly that.
Some here just went what Murtha said, no charges at the time, nothing. That's why when people start blasting our military before any proof I get so dammed pissed BG.

Lawmaker: Marines deliberately killed Iraqis - Conflict in Iraq - MSNBC.com
Actually he said," Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood." which is signifigantly different from just saying that his fellow marines were, "cold blooded murderers" as you claim.

One makes a judgement on the marines and the other makes a judgement based upon the undo stress that the marines are under thanks in large part to the current policies in Iraq wherein multiple tours are the norm, PTSD is encouraged to be misdiagnosed and the like.

M

Migi e!

I think if Murtha wants Bush's ass on a platter then he should keep his attention focused on that and leave the troops alone.
Exactly & i don't have a problem with him wanting bushs ass on a platter.
"Going after our troops", just like many have gone after them for what they believe the media & likes of durbin, kerry, murtha, et al have said, need to wait for some kind of proof that they are guilty of something!!
See what I mean Mike?
I do wish they'd go after bush on a legitimate reason.:whistling:

M

Migi e!

Actually he said," Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood." which is signifigantly different from just saying that his fellow marines were, "cold blooded murderers" as you claim.

One makes a judgement on the marines and the other makes a judgement based upon the undo stress that the marines are under thanks in large part to the current policies in Iraq wherein multiple tours are the norm, PTSD is encouraged to be misdiagnosed and the like.
What part of "killed innocent civillians in cold blood" do you not understand? He made judgements by talking through his ass! You don't know anything about the conditions of these marines either! He owes them an apology!

L

liberalman

Now I realize you get upset pretty easily but facts is facts and you stated and I quote "Murtha accused them of "cold blooded murderers" " and that is not what he said. What he said was that under the stress they were put under thanks to the Bush Admin and the puppets he put in the Joint Chiefs our troops "over reacted".

As to an apology that may in fact be warrented but the fact is that the quote you gave is not in fact a quote of Mr. Murtha's words but rather paraphrasing which seems a small thing but is not.

D

Davocrat

If Murtha called them that, then he should apologize immediately.

MSNBC quoted him thusly:

By Jim Miklaszewski
and Mike Viqueira
NBC News
updated 9:27 p.m. ET, Wed., May. 17, 2006

WASHINGTON - A Pentagon probe into the death of Iraqi civilians last November in the Iraqi city of Haditha will show that U.S. Marines "killed innocent civilians in cold blood," a U.S. lawmaker said Wednesday.
But some of the shit-stirrers here are intentionally loose with their "direct quotations," to say nothing of disregard for context...

(MSNBC again...)

Military officials told NBC News that the Marine Corps' own evidence appears to show Murtha is right.

M

Migi e!

Now I realize you get upset pretty easily but facts is facts and you stated and I quote "Murtha accused them of "cold blooded murderers" " and that is not what he said. What he said was that under the stress they were put under thanks to the Bush Admin and the puppets he put in the Joint Chiefs our troops "over reacted".

As to an apology that may in fact be warrented but the fact is that the quote you gave is not in fact a quote of Mr. Murtha's words but rather paraphrasing which seems a small thing but is not.
I get very upset when people accuse our military of being genghis kahn, pol pot, etc. etc, come up with this kind of bullshit.
Murtha made the accusation, i don't give a damn what reason the old windbag Abscom creep thought, he didn't know, he just globbed on because of his hate for bush. He had no idea what he was talking about, how the hell could he know what the condition of those marines were?
He, IMO, made those comments because of Bush & that's is skanky, & sickening. This man is a lawmaker, he is part of the control of a lot of what happens with our military in a number of ways. For him to say what he did, NO MATTER WHY HE SAID IT, is unforgivable & he should never be called a "US MArine" again!! He shouldn't be a lawmaker as far as I'm concerned.