Will Swarming Attack Drones Transform Military Strategy?

May 2012
By the wall
Definitely.

The F-35 will be the last manned strike fighter made by the US.

Essentially right now it is simply a missile platform or to defend against other strike fighters.

Once these are in use we will no longer need a manned aircraft.

Technology changes warfare and during this period it should end up costing us less.

Basically everything will become drones and we will be able to run our military with a few thousand people.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Definitely.

The F-35 will be the last manned strike fighter made by the US.

Essentially right now it is simply a missile platform or to defend against other strike fighters.

Once these are in use we will no longer need a manned aircraft.

Technology changes warfare and during this period it should end up costing us less.

Basically everything will become drones and we will be able to run our military with a few thousand people.
I'm surprised it took so long for anyone to respond to this thread, because I think it's a fascinating subject. I don't know if we'll be able to reduce our military to "a few thousand people" any time soon, but I agree with most of the rest of your post.

May 2012
By the wall
I'm surprised it took so long for anyone to respond to this thread, because I think it's a fascinating subject. I don't know if we'll be able to reduce our military to "a few thousand people" any time soon, but I agree with most of the rest of your post.
Yeah I was going to change that but was too lazy to edit it.

Great points in your thread though.

It's a very fascinating subject to me also.

May 2012
By the wall
So what's your timeline Leroy?

How long until you think we turn the technological corner and start our next phase of this?