Will there ever be 67 votes in the Senate to remove D. Trump from office?

Will there ever be 67 votes in the Senate to remove D. Trump from office?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • To dumb to answer

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
No. Politics is too polarized for enough GOP Senators to turn against the President to reach that threshold. In the long run, they would do themselves a favor by doing so, but will not risk being primaried out by the Trump base.

Jao

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Possibly if Mueller can come up with something ironclad. You also have to realize a lot of republicans quietly would prefer Pence. So its not unthinkable they would remove Trump if they could get Pence. The concern is what will be ironclad? Right now they are so focused on Jerome Corsi, Julian Assange and Roger Stone both highly incredible conspiracy theorists and known liars. That could prove problematic.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Possibly if Mueller can come up with something ironclad. You also have to realize a lot of republicans quietly would prefer Pence. So its not unthinkable they would remove Trump if they could get Pence. The concern is what will be ironclad? Right now they are so focused on Jerome Corsi, Julian Assange and Roger Stone both highly incredible conspiracy theorists and known liars. That could prove problematic.
Trump has been a life-long criminal....fluanting the law all the time. (just never subjected to close srutiny before)
I think his many financial crimes will be ironclad documentary proof but nothing will get his complicit GOP Senators to vote for removal.

We need to remove these criminals from congress first.
We also need to prosecute Trump in state and/or federal court.
Impeachment at this point would be a futile effort that Trumpanzees would claim was a political PR stunt .

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Border Fence
I say no due to GOP complicity.
Mueller (or the states) must indict and prosecute in the courts.
There were 0 senate votes to oust Nixon.

Look at how the Senate if finally pushing back on Trump on Saudi Arabia.

Senators and Congress in general do not want to linked in history to Trump.

Cumulatively, Trump's outlook looks shitty for 2019. Recession was called and all the indicators are moving in that direction. Trump's crappy economy and his Mueller highlighted wrongdoings may be too much.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Trump has been a life-long criminal....fluanting the law all the time. (just never subjected to close srutiny before)
I think his many financial crimes will be ironclad documentary proof but nothing will get his complicit GOP Senators to vote for removal.

We need to remove these criminals from congress first.
We also need to prosecute Trump in state and/or federal court.
I think thats problematic though. Going after Trumps finances could prove meaningless unless they show something between that and the election. Discovering he has mob ties(already pretty well known decades ago), or that he didnt pay taxes is something that wont remove him from office. People will just say "we knew that" or "it happened before he was elected." Plus we dont know how much the SC will allow and whether a sitting president can be charged with something like that. However if Mueller can pinpoint something specific that shows he undermined the democratic process in his election, then all bets are off.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
There were 0 senate votes to oust Nixon.

Look at how the Senate if finally pushing back on Trump on Saudi Arabia.

Senators and Congress in general do not want to linked in history to Trump.

Cumulatively, Trump's outlook looks shitty for 2019. Recession was called and all the indicators are moving in that direction. Trump's crappy economy and his Mueller highlighted wrongdoings may be too much.
You know its funny, over the holidays last week my family was discussing the future of Trump. We pretty much all said what you are saying except that we know Trump doesnt like to lose. So how would he get out of losing in 2020? Many of us felt at some point in 2019 he would fake some health incident or something and then say he cant run in 2020. That way his base isnt angry and the more mainstream GOP (aka neverTrumpers) get Pence and a new VP to run in 2020.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I think thats problematic though. Going after Trumps finances could prove meaningless unless they show something between that and the election. Discovering he has mob ties(already pretty well known decades ago), or that he didnt pay taxes is something that wont remove him from office. People will just say "we knew that" or "it happened before he was elected." Plus we dont know how much the SC will allow and whether a sitting president can be charged with something like that. However if Mueller can pinpoint something specific that shows he undermined the democratic process in his election, then all bets are off.
Nonsense.
A criminal president cannot run this country from a prison cell!
Are you saying that presidents are above our laws? (many in the GOP think so as long as it's a Republican prez.)

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Nonsense.
A criminal president cannot run this country from a prison cell!
Are you saying that presidents are above our laws? (many in the GOP think so as long as it's a Republican prez.)
I am not saying they are above the law but under certain circumstances, I do believe the SC will say to wait until a President is out of office before they can do anything. Not for major crimes but something he did prior to office? Yes I think so.