Will there ever be 67 votes in the Senate to remove D. Trump from office?

Will there ever be 67 votes in the Senate to remove D. Trump from office?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • To dumb to answer

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
The shelf life of "Mueller is on a fishing expedition" pretty much ended a year ago.

Maybe shameless partisan hacks drink long expired milk, I dunno.
I rarely talk about Mueller. The authorization of Mueller and all that went on in 2016 is far more critical. If the 2016 investigation was biased and seditious at its core, that's where you start. Mueller is not the first investigator. So you must ask what was the crime that led to the Russian investigation?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
You know its funny, over the holidays last week my family was discussing the future of Trump. We pretty much all said what you are saying except that we know Trump doesnt like to lose. So how would he get out of losing in 2020? Many of us felt at some point in 2019 he would fake some health incident or something and then say he cant run in 2020. That way his base isnt angry and the more mainstream GOP (aka neverTrumpers) get Pence and a new VP to run in 2020.
Someone at PH pointed out before that if Trump wins a second term, the statute of limitations will kick in on whatever may have happened in 2016. If there is something there, he may have to run.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I rarely talk about Mueller. The authorization of Mueller and all that went on in 2016 is far more critical. If the 2016 investigation was biased and seditious at its core, that's where you start. Mueller is not the first investigator. So you must ask what was the crime that led to the Russian investigation?
We all have to wait until the third act to see the entire story, don't get your pantaloons in a wad, it will all be revealed shortly.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
I rarely talk about Mueller.
For obvious reasons — his results can't be argued with, and he is personally beyond reproach. But hey, credit to you for not following Trump's example, and ridiculously smearing the good name of a war hero and accomplished public servant. Unfortunately, most Republican-leaning folks don't seem able to clear that incredibly low bar.

As far as the origins of the Russia investigation, I imagine that's what the House wants to talk with Mr. Comey about this Friday. You know, if there's something "there," it should really be up to Congressional Republicans to find it and denounce it, without behaving like clowns. So far, they've not been able to do so.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Someone at PH pointed out before that if Trump wins a second term, the statute of limitations will kick in on whatever may have happened in 2016. If there is something there, he may have to run.
There are times that the Statute of Limitations can be tolled.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Absolutely true and worth clocking. Treason has no statute if it comes to that. It can also be argued that Trump's crimes are continuous refreshed.
Better read the legal and constitutional definition of treason. President Trump has not committed treason. No one with any understanding of what treason is believes that he has. There will not be any accusations or charges of treason. First, Russia is not our declared enemy. We have diplomatic ties with Russia. We are not at war with Russia.

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Better read the legal and constitutional definition of treason. President Trump has not committed treason. No one with any understanding of what treason is believes that he has. There will not be any accusations or charges of treason. First, Russia is not our declared enemy. We have diplomatic ties with Russia. We are not at war with Russia.
Here is Cornell law school's definition of treason:

18 US CODE § 2381 TREASON

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

Does Trump and the Republican Party fit that definition?