Will this week's violence effect the Midterms?

Will this week's violence effect the Midterms?

• No

• Yes..it will help the GOP

• Yes...it will help the Democrats

• Have no idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Agree. Plus other than senate races, most of the elections this time around are very local. Local issues dominate not the same as national ones. Property tax issues, budgets etc dominate so I think that takes priority over whats going on nationally.
Hopefully voters are smart enough to keep that to local elections, not national congressional ones.Who controls congress is the way we keep presidents, agencies and our general welfare under the control of WE THE PEOPLE.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I voted no because IMO we as Americans have a very short memory on horrific events such as those that have just passed . Most people will forget (unfortunately) about these past couple of events in a day or two. Maybe it has something to do with us feeling helpless that makes us want to forgot these horrible tragedies. I dunno.
Something is happening in my Republican neighborhood. Only one family has DeWine signs up and he is rabid.

Several have Brown, Cordray and Gasper signs up. And the funny thing is they are up in the few Mansions in the Area.One was the owner of St. John buses.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Hopefully voters are smart enough to keep that to local elections, not national congressional ones.Who controls congress is the way we keep presidents, agencies and our general welfare under the control of WE THE PEOPLE.
Governors, Senator and House. Plus an issue on first time,non violent offenders.

I listened to DeWine yesterday lie like a dog. Blaming Cordray for job losses in 2008. We know whose recession that was. He wants to take on Opoids that increased dramatically while he was AG. Never mentioned the 37 million loss of ECOT, the on line school stolen from Education.Took money from them, then sued after he decided to run for Governor.

Nov 2015
UK
The left do not feel proud of a shooter. You are making that up. I, in particular, find no pride in anyone shooting a bunch of fellow Jews. Everything I wrote was a fact, not "pride," so you can quit spewing your hateful rhetorical shit onto the board and actually read the facts for a change.
Such vigorous debating on here by various posters relishing and clambering to claim victory that the shooter is right wing. I thought all would have been appalled by the shooter and made that known. As I read through the thread, I get a sense that many on the left are feeling proud that the shooter is right wing; it supports their cause against the right and probably satisfies their need/agenda that it helps their side in the mid terms. Don't blame me that it's in the thread.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Such vigorous debating on here by various posters relishing and clambering to claim victory that the shooter is right wing.
The shooter is right-wing. You have apparently missed the vigorous debating on here by various posters relishing and clambering to claim victory that the shooter is left-wing (though he is not).
As I read through the thread, I get a sense that many on the left are feeling proud that the shooter is right wing; it supports their cause against the right and probably satisfies their need/agenda that it helps their side in the mid terms. Don't blame me that it's in the thread.
It is not in the thread. You are making that up. Rather, you have it reversed. The right-wing was proud the shooter was left-wing - until it was discovered he was not.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Agree. Plus other than senate races, most of the elections this time around are very local. Local issues dominate not the same as national ones. Property tax issues, budgets etc dominate so I think that takes priority over whats going on nationally.
If this were a typical midterm election, I'd agree with you completely, but with Trump dominating the news cycles since the day he took office, nothing really feels typical these days.

I voted for "I have no idea" because I don't think anyone really knows for sure. But I believe the awful events of the past week (and those that came before) will just fuel the anti-Trump/GOP sentiment that's been building up for the last two years.

I don't see how it could benefit the Republicans, however...unless there are a lot more Nazis and white supremacists in this country than we've already seen.