Will Trump comply with a court order when he loses in court?

Will Trump comply with a court order when he loses in court?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
The SCOTUS can move quickly when necessary and you are avoiding the question: What do we do if Trump disobeys a SCOTUS ruling?
Over 90% of us on PH believe Trump will disobey a SCOTUS ruling!
That was the point, Devil. The reason Red Cloud asked the question. Who is above the Supreme Court?

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Be honest here: If the decision was yours alone you would allow Trump to keep his tax returns secret, right?
Why did I have to have my taxes audited when I took my government jobs and why do many other employees of the federal government but not the head guy?
If it were up to me would i force Trump to make his tax returns public? No.

It's the job of the IRS to review/audit income tax returns for misbehavior. Not my job...not your job. And my understanding is that the IRS is already engaged on the matter.

If someone made your income tax returns public when you were hired for your federal job i think you got pranked. And you should be pissed. My advice would be to get a lawyer and sue the pricks.....they had no right to do that.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Now you're just being childish!

Those LEO's work for TRUMP.....until we get this criminal out of the WH and into prison where he belongs!

You seem to be one of the few PH members who think this is a big joke while 94% of us see the real danger to our country here.

Do you find the Russian meddling in our elections equally humorous or do you also believe Putin over our entire intel community?
Think you are going off the rails with your Trump conspiracy nuttiness. The guy (Trump) is a pompous, arrogant blowhard and i really wish he wasn't President. But two very unattractive choices/candidates were presented to the American voters in 2016. And we got what we got.

The Republic is not going to collapse over this latest "show us your tax returns" standoff between the Democrats and The Donald. You are being totally ridiculous.

And i believe you are making waaay too much out of the results of your little poll. Am guessing there is not a large percentage of the population that actually "see real danger" over this latest Trump/Democrats food fight.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Think you are going off the rails with your Trump conspiracy nuttiness. The guy (Trump) is a pompous, arrogant blowhard and i really wish he wasn't President. But two very unattractive choices/candidates were presented to the American voters in 2016. And we got what we got.

The Republic is not going to collapse over this latest "show us your tax returns" standoff between the Democrats and The Donald. You are being totally ridiculous.

And i believe you are making waaay too much out of the results of your little poll. Am guessing there is not a large percentage of the population that actually "see real danger" over this latest Trump/Democrats food fight.

What do you think WILL happen if Trump refuses to follow court decisions claiming they are partisan?
What do you think SHOULD happen if Trump refuses to follow court decisions claiming they are partisan?

This is a man to whom laws have never mattered all of his life and he now has the power to derail our entire legal system.
You either are naive or you agree with him that we should be a nation of personalities , not laws.
Which is it?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
It's the job of the IRS to review/audit income tax returns for misbehavior. Not my job...not your job. And my understanding is that the IRS is already engaged on the matter..
No they are not! The IRS commissioner works for Trump and is disobeying a lawful congressional subpoena based on Trump's orders.

If someone made your income tax returns public when you were hired for your federal job i think you got pranked. And you should be pissed. My advice would be to get a lawyer and sue the pricks.....they had no right to do that.
Agreement to allow an audit of my tax returns was a condition I must accept to get the job.
I believe all congress critters have the same requirement.

Why not the President?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

No, Trump is much worse than pompous. He is acting like a mob boss, tearing down our whole system of checks and balances. He is mean,greedy, evil and a terrible bully. He is also a traitor.

Jan 2016
Colorado
If it were up to me would i force Trump to make his tax returns public? No.

It's the job of the IRS to review/audit income tax returns for misbehavior. Not my job...not your job. And my understanding is that the IRS is already engaged on the matter.

Sigh. Mr. Trump is NOT being asked to make his tax returns public. Do you understand that?

Chairman Neal is NOT going to take Mr. Trump's tax returns, when he gets them (and he WILL, or America is no longer a republic of laws), and make them public. He is going to EXAMINE them. He is going to examine them, to see IF the IRS is in fact following all of its own stated policies with respect to the auditing of Presidents.

Again: If Congress no longer has the right to investigate how taxation is being conducted in this country, we have lost our republic.

What is it, precisely, that you don't 'get' about that?!??

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
No not a war at all. But I do think the founding fathers set up these rules for a reason. They feared two big things, too much power in an individual, and possibly traitorous activity within leadership. If we go by that we also know they wanted people to be armed (even children back then) and they also hated the idea of a central law enforcement (todays FBI) and a centralized army. Why? For fear they would become too loyal to one individual. Since then we citizens have done just about everything possible to erase that. We formed centralized law enforcements, army and put restrictions on guns. Think about that.
Call me Pollyanna. I think that Trump is merely using delay tactics, trying to run out the clock. Many experts who understand the law much better than I, agree. In the end he will lose. The Law will win!