Will Trump comply with a court order when he loses in court?

Will Trump comply with a court order when he loses in court?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
What do you think will happen? Is there something in place for such an event?
Nothing!

Congress and the courts have no way to enforce their decisions. Trump has all the guns!
Constitutional Crisis.

Who will the SS agents side with?
Who will the FBI side with?
Who will the army side with?

Last edited:
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Nothing!

Congress and the courts have no way to enforce their decisions. Trump has all the guns!
Constitutional Crisis.

Yea if it ever came to that we probably would be in trouble as I am pretty sure a lot of the troops and law enforcement would side with him as they supported him in 2016. I imagine he knew that a long time ago. Most people probably never suspected such a possibility which is why red states are heavily over represented in the military and all the coasts want to do is have more gun control. I still remember back about a decade ago when the military was giving towns all over America surplus armored vehicles and assault weapons there was concern but nothing like this. Some knew it could come back to haunt us. But until anything happens we really have nothing we can do.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
I'm talking about Trump defying all things from the HOR because the Dems are in control there.
Trump has already ordered the IRS director not to respond to a lawful subpoena.
What makes you think he would abide by a court decision?
He'll claim it's the liberals on the court.

Then what?

The validity of that "lawful subpoena" is what is now being decided in the courts. And it is appropriate that the director of the IRS pend any action until that conclusion is handed down. At some point the IRS will have to adhere to the ruling of the courts....not the wishes of Donald Trump.

You are being quite melodramatic.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Yea if it ever came to that we probably would be in trouble as I am pretty sure a lot of the troops and law enforcement would side with him as they supported him in 2016. I imagine he knew that a long time ago. Most people probably never suspected such a possibility which is why red states are heavily over represented in the military and all the coasts want to do is have more gun control. I still remember back about a decade ago when the military was giving towns all over America surplus armored vehicles and assault weapons there was concern but nothing like this. Some knew it could come back to haunt us. But until anything happens we really have nothing we can do.

(Sweet jeebus......not you too.)

Jun 2014
United States
Nothing!

Constitutional Crisis.

Well, I hope you're wrong about that. I hope that law enforcement and military leaders would uphold their vows to side with the constitution in such a scenario. I'm afraid that we might get to find out, before all is said and done.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
So you forsee another North vs South Civil War due to yet another criminal Republican president?

I went through this in 1974 in the DEA.
We agents decided that ....if nixon defied the UNANIMOUS SCOTUS decision to hand over the tapes and the SS sided with him...we would fight to restore legitimate law and order on the side of the SCOTUS and the Constitution.

Far fetched?.......Over 90% OF US ON PH think not!

Jun 2014
United States
The validity of that "lawful subpoena" is what is now being decided in the courts. And it is appropriate that the director of the IRS pend any action until that conclusion is handed down. At some point the IRS will have to adhere to the ruling of the courts....not the wishes of Donald Trump.

You are being quite melodramatic.

No, he's right. You're dodging the question.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
(Sweet jeebus......not you too.)

I am just hypothetically answering a question. I do think the chance is probably 50-50 that all the courts could really go either way. Its possible they will all side with Trump and he will do what he wants. Its also equally possible they go against him and he still does what he wants. You have to admit, he is a bit of a unique individual and is completely unpredictable.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
So you forsee another North vs South Civil War due to yet another criminal Republican president?

I went through this in 1974 in the DEA.
We agents decided that ....if nixon defied the UNANIMOUS SCOTUS decision to hand over the tapes and the SS sided with him...we would fight to restore legitimate law and order on the side of the SCOTUS.

Far fetched?.......Over 90% OF US ON PH think not!
No not a war at all. But I do think the founding fathers set up these rules for a reason. They feared two big things, too much power in an individual, and possibly traitorous activity within leadership. If we go by that we also know they wanted people to be armed (even children back then) and they also hated the idea of a central law enforcement (todays FBI) and a centralized army. Why? For fear they would become too loyal to one individual. Since then we citizens have done just about everything possible to erase that. We formed centralized law enforcements, army and put restrictions on guns. Think about that.