Will Trump finish his first term as president?

Will Trump finish his first term as president?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No TV for a week

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Mar 2015
The cloud
My hope is now the tables turn to go after the real criminals in this failed coup attempt. There are plenty of democrats that could see serious jail time if Trumps DOJ got serious about this.

That said, I have zero faith that the real criminals...IE Demorats...will ever be held accountable for what they did.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Great... I was tired of the TDS crowd trying to rub their lies about trump in my face like James Cagney's grapefruit, so I took a break before I said something that would have gotten me banned.

How have you been?
Making lots of money, but still batshit crazy. Say what you want. So what if you get banned. libs are upset and you can't fault them when people are telling them to "get over it, you lost." People don't like hearing that and I get it, but they've had a string of loses whether or not they chose to admit it.

I personally don't like Trump, but that's how the cookie crumbles. Rooting for him to do better, but not holding my breath.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
My hope is now the tables turn to go after the real criminals in this failed coup attempt. There are plenty of democrats that could see serious jail time if Trumps DOJ got serious about this.

That said, I have zero faith that the real criminals...IE Demorats...will ever be held accountable for what they did.
No, they investigated something that looked very fishy and it's time to move past this. Let's get something done aside from bitching at the Libs. Republicans have investigated the shit out of the Democrats, it's just a taste of their own medicine. Time to move on.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I believe that Mueller did a thorough job. I further believe that Mueller could not find evidence that Donald Trump colluded with Russia. Many crimes were uncovered concerning Trump's team and Trump AND his team hid their communications with the Russians. This leads me to believe that their efforts were somewhat coordinated, but that guilt was not able to be proven at the level necessary for prosecution.
There are so many reasons why Trump must go that Russia is only a small part of it.

Trump is already promising to go after his enemies...ala Nixon. (I'll bet he pushed the DOJ to investigate Avanatti...for example)

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
There are so many reasons why Trump must go that Russia is only a small part of it.

Trump is already promising to go after his enemies...ala Nixon. (I'll bet he pushed the DOJ to investigate Avanatti...for example)
Well, I get that, but unless something else comes up, I don't see Trump being removed from office. We're stuck with him until 2020.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Well, I get that, but unless something else comes up, I don't see Trump being removed from office. We're stuck with him until 2020.
I think our last hope is state criminal prosecution for income tax evasion. (Trump stole money from his phony foundation and of course didn't declare that income to NY state.)

The states are not bound by the DOJ OPINION that a sitting president can't be prosecuted and Prez pardons have no effect on state convictions.

One way or the other it's either the USA or Trump.

Trump is a sick man and the real fault falls on the GOP for allowing/encouraging his abuses of power.
Without the GOP, Trump would just be another whacko with a Napoleon complex taking up space.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think our last hope is state criminal prosecution for income tax evasion. (Trump stole money from his phony foundation and of course didn't declare that income to NY state.)

The states are not bound by the DOJ OPINION that a sitting president can't be prosecuted and Prez pardons have no effect on state convictions.

One way or the other it's either the USA or Trump.
DOJ wont allow a sitting president to be indicted and I assume that means state as well. They will tell NY to wait until he is out of office. MSNBC discussed this last night and said its likely NY can investigate but not do anything until he is done.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
DOJ wont allow a sitting president to be indicted and I assume that means state as well. They will tell NY to wait until he is out of office. MSNBC discussed this last night and said its likely NY can investigate but not do anything until he is done.
The feds have no legal authority to tell a state who they can or cannot prosecute for violation of that state's laws.
Basic civics.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The feds have no legal authority to tell a state who they can or cannot prosecute for violation of that state's laws.
Basic civics.
Yes but its the president. From what I understand, they would have to have charges while in office. Any previous charges before he was in office would have to wait. A state would be interfering with his duty in office.