Will Trump finish his first term as president?

Will Trump finish his first term as president?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No TV for a week

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Yes but its the president. From what I understand, they would have to have charges while in office. Any previous charges before he was in office would have to wait. A state would be interfering with his duty in office.
Link a law or cotus section that immunizes a sitting president from criminal prosecution? (hint: There is no such animal nor should there be)

Any lawyers here care to chime in?

Jan 2012
SoCal
The feds have no legal authority to tell a state who they can or cannot prosecute for violation of that state's laws.
Basic civics.
Do you ever think out what you advocate? I mean seriously at all? The burn it all down ends up biting Democrats in the ass over and over again.

Just think back to the prior president. Most of them campaign and have organizations in nearly every state when running for election. Do you want a Democratic President to be elected and then not be able to do his/her job for four years because the state of Mississippi or Arizona decides to prosecute him/her for a crime they allege was committed in their state?

You think taxes. It could be much baser than that.... Joe Biden...when he was in high school... he sexually assaulted my wife. Cory Booker molested my kids in Florida.... Kamala Harris, well she smoked pot and that is illegal in our state and still is federally so let's go back and grab that.

At some point we need some better ideas and policies, not just total political war with no winner and no real standards besides burning the whole country down.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Do you ever think out what you advocate? I mean seriously at all? The burn it all down ends up biting Democrats in the ass over and over again.

Just think back to the prior president. Most of them campaign and have organizations in nearly every state when running for election. Do you want a Democratic President to be elected and then not be able to do his/her job for four years because the state of Mississippi or Arizona decides to prosecute him/her for a crime they allege was committed in their state?

You think taxes. It could be much baser than that.... Joe Biden...when he was in high school... he sexually assaulted my wife. Cory Booker molested my kids in Florida.... Kamala Harris, well she smoked pot and that is illegal in our state and still is federally so let's go back and grab that.

At some point we need some better ideas and policies, not just total political war with no winner and no real standards besides burning the whole country down.
Translation: No problem allowing presidents to break the law.....or not be held accountable for crimes they have committed.
Are you an American?

Edit: BTW...starting with an insult does not help your argument.....TROLL!

Jan 2012
SoCal
Translation: No problem allowing presidents to break the law.....or not be held accountable for crimes they have committed.
Are you an American?

Edit: BTW...starting with an insult does not help your argument.....TROLL!
Translation: No you don't think about it. You'll want to abolish the electoral college, stack the Supreme Court, have the Biden rule for Republican presidents, but get rid of it for Democratic Presidents, you'll want vote harvesting and other assorted ridiculousness until it bites you in the ass.

Try standards....just try them sometimes.

Jan 2018
Houston, TX
Translation: No you don't think about it. You'll want to abolish the electoral college, stack the Supreme Court, have the Biden rule for Republican presidents, but get rid of it for Democratic Presidents, you'll want vote harvesting and other assorted ridiculousness until it bites you in the ass.

Try standards....just try them sometimes.
Devil is bitter and has TDS. And on top of that; Devil is a troll that trolls anti-President Donald Trump topics all day long. Devil is probably the best example of someone with TDS that isn't an elected Muslim Representative or a talking head on CNN & MSNBC. It is almost humorous, extremely pathetic, and now extremely boring. Reminds me of an old scratchy phonograph record stuck on "replay."

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Devil is bitter and has TDS. And on top of that; Devil is a troll that trolls anti-President Donald Trump topics all day long. Devil is probably the best example of someone with TDS that isn't an elected Muslim Representative or a talking head on CNN & MSNBC. It is almost humorous, extremely pathetic, and now extremely boring. Reminds me of an old scratchy phonograph record stuck on "replay."
Anyone who isn't bitter about the way Trump and his "Ism" have taken over the GOP is not a patriot.
You Trump cultists are beyond help.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes but its the president. From what I understand, they would have to have charges while in office. Any previous charges before he was in office would have to wait. A state would be interfering with his duty in office.
I think the SDNY or some other prosecutor is going to wait until the 2020 and then try to indict Trump in the middle of the campaign. But it's going to be such a blatantly obvious and heavy handed political movie (like the timing of the release of the Access Hollywood tape) that it won't work (also like the release of the Access Hollywood tape).

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think the SDNY or some other prosecutor is going to wait until the 2020 and then try to indict Trump in the middle of the campaign. But it's going to be such a blatantly obvious and heavy handed political movie (like the timing of the release of the Access Hollywood tape) that it won't work (also like the release of the Access Hollywood tape).
That would be stupid. They cant be that dumb. Can they?