Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
On the topic of trends and Dems.... from NPR. Looks like insensitivity is here to stay.

Warning To Democrats: Most Americans Against U.S. Getting More Politically Correct

Fifty-two percent of Americans, including a majority of independents, said they are against the country becoming more politically correct and are upset that there are too many things people can't say anymore. Only about a third said they are in favor of the country becoming more politically correct and like when people are being more sensitive in their comments about others.
"If the Democratic Party moves in a direction that is more to its base on this issue, it suggests independents are going to be tested to stay with the Democrats electorally," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, which conducted the poll.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
affirmative action for low population states put trump in the whitehouse.
That's in the US Constitution. I assume you knew that. Two Senators for every state is exactly that. The Electoral college is exactly that. It's the only way you can have a United States of America. Notice the key word "States" in our nation's summary description. Notice the 10th amendment to the Constitution. The country is built on states and the only way you can keep the big states from hanging small states and burning them is affirmative action for low populations states. Did you not understand this?

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Sep 2013
On a hill
That's in the US Constitution. I assume you knew that. Two Senators for every state is exactly that. The Electoral college is exactly that. It's the only way you can have a United States of America. Notice the key word "States" in our nation's summary description. Notice the 10th amendment to the Constitution. The country is built on states and the only way you can keep the big states from hanging small states and burning them is affirmative action for low populations states. Did you not understand this?
So then you support affirmative action.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
On the topic of trends and Dems.... from NPR. Looks like insensitivity is here to stay.

Warning To Democrats: Most Americans Against U.S. Getting More Politically Correct
I wish we could define the terms of that poll more precisely for people. Looking at that whole article, I'm not sure that people don't define the term "political correct" in different ways. It may reveal something like the joke about the five blind men and the elephant.

If I watch a show called "Dear White People" and I find it entertaining, am I for or against political correctness?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
The GOP is going to find that electing a President with a negative 60% approval rating is not good for their party in the long term. They lost 40% of their legislative gains under Obama in November, losing over 400 seats nationwide. We can expect another wave of similar size in 2020, because we know that Trump is still going to be somewhere around 30-40% approval because he is an asshole and a douche and that is his limit.