Will you watch the impeachment hearings next week?

Sep 2019
Idaho
The networks carried the first day hoping for some new bombshell testimony that would finally be the end of Trump but yesterday they were back to soaps and talk shows.
It looks like we will be subjected to nothing more than a parade of Trump bashers venting their rage. I tuned out after the whiny little snowflakes testimony yesterday and won't waste anymore time on this. Anybody going to keep watching and if so why?

Reactions: John T Ford
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I don't think any significant numbers are watching this Schitt Show at the moment.

Sep 2019
Idaho
I don't think any significant numbers are watching this Schitt Show at the moment.
My theory is only the hard core TDS afflicted Trump haters will continue to watch in order to get their daily fix of Trump bashing.
America in general will tune out and though I once thought this was all a preliminary show for the ultimate impeachment by congress I'm now beginning to think that has fizzled out and this will just be a way to put as much negative spin out there in the votesphire as possible in hopes of having at least some effect in the next election.
Hard core leftist will be in for yet another huge disappointment here as Lucy once again picks up the football at the last second.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
The networks carried the first day hoping for some new bombshell testimony that would finally be the end of Trump but yesterday they were back to soaps and talk shows.
It looks like we will be subjected to nothing more than a parade of Trump bashers venting their rage. I tuned out after the whiny little snowflakes testimony yesterday and won't waste anymore time on this. Anybody going to keep watching and if so why?
I probably won't watch every minute due to the fact that I have a life. But I'll definitely watch the highlights and replay any testimony of witnesses I'm extremely interested in. The main reason though is because I'm a fan of history and, sad that it may be, this is a significant event in the history of the American presidency.

Sep 2019
Idaho
:neutral:
I probably won't watch every minute due to the fact that I have a life. But I'll definitely watch the highlights and replay any testimony of witnesses I'm extremely interested in. The main reason though is because I'm a fan of history and, sad that it may be, this is a significant event in the history of the American presidency.
I too am a history buff and yes we are living in a history book moment that will be remembered as a turning point in America where the people who stood up to and rebelled against an out of control unresponsive government with it's own agenda were victorious or were defeated. I watched the entire first days show trial with great interest to see how democrats were going to play this. The second day I watched to see if they would change their game plan like a football team at halftime that was losing the game. The first witness showed me they were going to continue the same strategy of trotting out one person after another to badmouth Trump and no new evidence was forthcoming so I tuned out and won't bother watching again unless something really big happens either negative or positive to the democrats agenda. It's become a yawnfest for now.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
:neutral:

I too am a history buff and yes we are living in a history book moment that will be remembered as a turning point in America where the people who stood up to and rebelled against an out of control unresponsive government with it's own agenda were victorious or were defeated. I watched the entire first days show trial with great interest to see how democrats were going to play this. The second day I watched to see if they would change their game plan like a football team at halftime that was losing the game. The first witness showed me they were going to continue the same strategy of trotting out one person after another to badmouth Trump and no new evidence was forthcoming so I tuned out and won't bother watching again unless something really big happens either negative or positive to the democrats agenda. It's become a yawnfest for now.
Cool manifesto.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Thank you. What's your take on the proceedings?
Very interesting. Too early to sum it up yet. The contrast of the career public servants uncomfortable with being in the spotlight vs. the career politicians on the left and right who are clearly playing to their audiences through the camera is noteworthy.

Sep 2019
Idaho
Very interesting. Too early to sum it up yet. The contrast of the career public servants uncomfortable with being in the spotlight vs. the career politicians on the left and right who are clearly playing to their audiences through the camera is noteworthy.
A somewhat vapid interpretation of the processes involved here and as deep as you could dig in hardpan soil with a spoon but OK.