Will you watch Trump's SOTU speech tonight?

Will you watch Trump's SOTU speech tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
You apparently don't understand RATES of INCREASE. Real wages were INCREASING at a much faster RATE back in 2011-2015 than they have been under Trump.

Again, you could SEE this from the graph. If you could only READ graphs.
They were declining in all of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and half of 2014.

Look at the graph!

1549473759867.png

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Yeah, BECAUSE OF THE GREAT RECESSION!!!

Which you keep trying to BLAME on Barack Obama. STOP being so damned obtuse.
So we should remove the bad numbers from recessions in GWB's record so we can make misleading statements?

No, that wouldn't be truthful.

Jul 2014
midwest
Yes, but Democrats haven't stood for a racist, disgusting, human being like hypocritical Christian Republicans have.

5,4,3,2,1.......here comes @Miller47 defense of Trump again.

Pssst....he didn't vote for him.
Pssst...I didn't support him.

Happy now?

Does it bother you that I pointed out that both the Dems and the Repubs act like robots during the SOTU.

They all clap on command, and stand on command.

I also enjoyed Nancy acting like a seal during that one clapping at Trump.

Kinda like a trained seal clapping its flippers.

Did she bark like a seal at the same time?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Sep 2013
On a hill
Once again we see Libertine IDIOTICALLY trying to blame the Great Recession on Barack Obama, when it began in December 2007, more than a YEAR BEFORE he took office. As can CLEARLY be seen from the graph, the huge loss in manufacturing jobs took place DURING the Great Recession, from the end of December 2007 through 2009, and then once recovery began in the labor market in early 2010, we GAINED 930,000 manufacturing jobs by the end of the Obama Administration. This, too, can be EASILY seen in the graph.

Libertine has a terribly hard time reading graphs.
Obama bad, trump good - thats all one needs to know.

Sep 2013
On a hill
I'm not saying Obama is at fault for the recession, just that, as the chart plainly shows, we had fewer manufacturing jobs when Obama left office than we did when Obama took office.

I know you only like to use the good numbers from Obama's and nothing negative, but we saw a net loss of manufacturing jobs under Obama.
Doesnt look like trump changed anything.

To give him credit, he didnt wreck what Obama started.

Jan 2016
Colorado
So we should remove the bad numbers from recessions in GWB's record so we can make misleading statements?

No, that wouldn't be truthful.
UNLIKE Mr. Obama, George W. Bush bears a large measure of BLAME for triggering the Great Recession. He was the Number One Cheerleader for the Great American Housing Bubble of the 2000's.

The brief six-month recession of 2001 was VERY mild in comparison to the Great Recession. Surely you know that.

Although I shouldn't assume.........

Reactions: Blueneck
Jan 2016
Colorado
No, it is right here at bls.gov

View attachment 21478
Yeah, that does NOT give you the same number of 304,000 new jobs that the Bureau of Labor Statistics just reported, does it, genius?

Take the January number of 156694, and subtract the December 2018 number of 156945, and what do you get?

NOT 304,000. In fact, according to YOUR preferred dataset, America LOST 251,000 jobs in January 2019!!

LOL!!

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
UNLIKE Mr. Obama, George W. Bush bears a large measure of BLAME for triggering the Great Recession. He was the Number One Cheerleader for the Great American Housing Bubble of the 2000's.

The brief six-month recession of 2001 was VERY mild in comparison to the Great Recession. Surely you know that.

Although I shouldn't assume.........
Not to mention Bush passed two tax cuts prior to the crash, and another one was added to the bailout bill in order to get Republicans to vote for it. Neither of the prior cuts did jack shit to help the economy and a lot of companies used the extra cash to relocate their manufacturing to China. Then people were living on credit and viola, the Republican triad of evil (with the help of Joe Biden and a few other conservadems) passed "bankruptcy reform" in 2005 leading to more bankruptcies when their interest rates doubled on their existing balances on their credit card bills.

And gas prices were at historic highs during most of Bush's two terms.

In my lifetime I've never seen trickle down work. Because money trickles UP. Always has. When I sit down every month to pay my bills, virtually everyone I write them to has more money than me. It's that way for almost every American, how stupid do people have to be to go along with this three separate times under Republican administrations?

Reactions: labrea