With the warmer climate endangered species are making a comeback.

May 2012
By the wall
Endangered whale experiencing mini-baby boom off New England

Their food sources are going way up leading to more breeding and helping to save those that suffer from colder climates.

Now all they have to do is worry about overhunting or accidents, not climate change which is a good thing for them.

1555203660109.png

The North Atlantic right whale is one of the rarest species of whale on the planet, numbering only about 411. But the Center for Coastal Studies in Provincetown, Massachusetts, said Friday its aerial survey team spotted two mom and calf pairs in Cape Cod Bay a day earlier. That brings the number seen in New England waters alone this year to three.

That's big news because the whale's population has been falling, and no calves were seen last year. In all, seven right whale calves have been seen so far this year.

The whales give birth off Georgia and Florida in the winter and travel to feeding grounds off New England in the early spring, including the Gulf of Maine, a body of water that touches Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Canada.
Endangered whale experiencing mini-baby boom off New England

So if you want to save the whales then please go buy a gas guzzler, take a flight even if you don't need to, go buy a coal burning stove.

The animals will appreciate it.

Apr 2010
Oregon
Nowhere in your article does it say anything about the warmer climate causing whale numbers to increase. That’s because the temperature of the planet has absolutely nothing to do with their rising numbers.

The whales were hunted nearly to extinction. They are making a comeback now due to conservation efforts and strict rules

It’s illegal to get within 1,500ft of the animals without a federal research permit, so boaters are discouraged from attempting to get close to the whales.

May 2012
By the wall
In fact, global warming is a danger to all baleen whales and other plankton/krill eaters are in danger due to the oceans warming. And those are the base of most of the food chains in the oceans. So again, no cigar.

Tiny organisms, giant impact – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Impacts of rising sea temperature on krill increase risks for predators in the Scotia Sea
Actually it's not the krill eaters it is the krill which are blooming.

Nice try but epic fail.

Nov 2015
UK
In fact, global warming is a danger to all baleen whales and other plankton/krill eaters are in danger due to the oceans warming. And those are the base of most of the food chains in the oceans. So again, no cigar.

Tiny organisms, giant impact – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Impacts of rising sea temperature on krill increase risks for predators in the Scotia Sea
Your link is just a post hoc fallacy. The most famous one being Pirates caused global warming.

Apr 2010
Oregon
Actually it's not the krill eaters it is the krill which are blooming.

Nice try but epic fail.
You should have read the links. Krill numbers are decreasing.

with a ≥40% decline in the mass of individual krill. Projections also suggest a 25% chance that krill biomass will fall below an established depletion threshold (75% of its unimpacted level),
Right whales are rebounding due to conservation efforts, not because of warmer seas or a sudden increase in krill

May 2012
By the wall
You should have read the links. Krill numbers are decreasing.

Right whales are rebounding due to conservation efforts, not because of warmer seas or a sudden increase in krill
Jellyfish are increasing at an astounding rate.

What you and most liberals are doing is showing that you only care about the cute fluffy animals.

Whales and polar bears and spotted owls, that's all you really care about.

Apr 2010
Oregon
Jellyfish are increasing at an astounding rate.

What you and most liberals are doing is showing that you only care about the cute fluffy animals.

Whales and polar bears and spotted owls, that's all you really care about.
That has nothing to do with right whales or krill. What a terrible deflection.

It is not a good thing that jellyfish are increasing in numbers. That means there are no predators to keep them in check nor is there any competition for their food source. Since jellyfish are brainless blobs, they can essentially live anywhere. When everything else is dead, their numbers skyrocket. They are like gelatinous canary in a coal mine.

Increasing numbers leads to a feedback loop. Massive blooms of jellyfish eat all the food and leave nothing for other animals. Blooms were a contributing factor in the commercial extinction of beluga sturgeon. Massive blooms can also cause the water they inhibit to become hypoxic, suffocating all animals in the area.

Jellyfish: The Next King of the Sea | Science | Smithsonian

I’m not making it up when I say I received a bachelors of science in marine biology. This is not a field where you can pretend to know what you are talking about or manufacture an additional degree.

Oh and my area of interest was Cnidaria, so you certainly can’t accuse me on not caring about jellyfish. I love jellyfish.