With the warmer climate endangered species are making a comeback.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Uh increasing from a low point means the numbers of polar bears are still way down
The low point was determined before they started using aircraft to count numbers... but sure, very easy to say. Meanwhile, those who have to live with the threat are having a drastically different experience.

Apr 2010
Oregon
The low point was determined before they started using aircraft to count numbers... but sure, very easy to say. Meanwhile, those who have to live with the threat are having a drastically different experience.
Nonsense. They’ve been using aircraft to count numbers for years.

Polar bears are indeed being pushed down into communities. That is another side effect of a melting arctic.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Nonsense. They’ve been using aircraft to count numbers for years.

Polar bears are indeed being pushed down into communities. That is another side effect of a melting arctic.
Yes, years... the claim of the declining numbers were from the 90's... so, about 20 years (first documented numbers were between 5-8000 from the 60's, but that was long before any real counting.

Simply: The assertions of polar bears are somewhere between exaggerations, guesswork, and outright wrong.

May 2012
By the wall
Funny how dead whales of various species, seem to be an epidemic up and down the West Coast this year. And almost every autopsy finds their stomachs full of plastic trash, another by-product of oil production. Although a few apparently were hit by ships.
I don't believe anyone disagrees that pollution is a problem.

If you want to make that your focus then I will be happy to join your cause.

Jan 2016
Colorado
That has nothing to do with right whales or krill. What a terrible deflection.

It is not a good thing that jellyfish are increasing in numbers. That means there are no predators to keep them in check nor is there any competition for their food source. Since jellyfish are brainless blobs, they can essentially live anywhere. When everything else is dead, their numbers skyrocket. They are like gelatinous canary in a coal mine.

Increasing numbers leads to a feedback loop. Massive blooms of jellyfish eat all the food and leave nothing for other animals. Blooms were a contributing factor in the commercial extinction of beluga sturgeon. Massive blooms can also cause the water they inhibit to become hypoxic, suffocating all animals in the area.

Jellyfish: The Next King of the Sea | Science | Smithsonian

I’m not making it up when I say I received a bachelors of science in marine biology. This is not a field where you can pretend to know what you are talking about or manufacture an additional degree.

Oh and my area of interest was Cnidaria, so you certainly can’t accuse me on not caring about jellyfish. I love jellyfish.
I almost hesitate to tell you about these jellyfish-killing robots that have been developed by the South Koreans:

These Jellyfish-Killing Robots Could Save The Fishing Industry Billions Per Year

Necessary, though. These things are clogging the intake pipes of nuclear power plants. We just CAN'T have that!

The robot can destroy a ton of jellyfish per hour. That's impressive.

P.S. I could probably find a VIDEO of these jellyfish-killing robots at work, if you're interested, because I saw one once......

Nov 2016
USA
7 Species Hit Hard by Climate Change—Including One That's Already Extinct

Climate change is doing "widespread and consequential" harm to animals and plants, which are struggling to adapt to new conditions, according to a major report released Monday.

—snip—

Scholes, a systems ecologist at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in Pretoria, South Africa, and Pörtner, an animal physiologist and marine biologist based at the Alfred Wegener Institute in Bremerhaven, Germany, highlighted six species that are already in decline due to climate change:

• Orange-spotted filefish (Oxymonacanthus longirostris).
• Quiver tree (Aloe dichotoma).
• Polar bear.
• Adélie penguin.
• North Atlantic cod.
• Acropora cervicornis and coral worldwide.
• EXTINCT: Golden toad (Bufo periglenes).

(More details about how the above species are affected by warming are in the link. I cut them out in order to avoid violating the fair use rule.)

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Yes, years... the claim of the declining numbers were from the 90's... so, about 20 years (first documented numbers were between 5-8000 from the 60's, but that was long before any real counting.

Simply: The assertions of polar bears are somewhere between exaggerations, guesswork, and outright wrong.
Then post your link.

As many times as I have seen Macdonald's wrappers in black bear poop I bet polar bears are full of plastic too.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh

Climate change is doing "widespread and consequential" harm to animals and plants, which are struggling to adapt to new conditions, according to a major report released Monday.

—snip—

Scholes, a systems ecologist at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in Pretoria, South Africa, and Pörtner, an animal physiologist and marine biologist based at the Alfred Wegener Institute in Bremerhaven, Germany, highlighted six species that are already in decline due to climate change:

• Orange-spotted filefish (Oxymonacanthus longirostris).
• Quiver tree (Aloe dichotoma).
• Polar bear.
• Adélie penguin.
• North Atlantic cod.
• Acropora cervicornis and coral worldwide.
• EXTINCT: Golden toad (Bufo periglenes).

(More details about how the above species are affected by warming are in the link. I cut them out in order to avoid violating the fair use rule.)

At least 2 on that list are false. I wager if we really take an objective look these are just species with that claim.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Then post your link.

As many times as I have seen Macdonald's wrappers in black bear poop I bet polar bears are full of plastic too.
Seriously... Do a Google search, not for "tell me what I want to know", look for the data. It was way too easy to find for me to do the search again.

Nov 2016
USA
At least 2 on that list are false. I wager if we really take an objective look these are just species with that claim.
You spew a lot of claims with no evidence to back up your bafflegab. You don’t even say which two are false, nor do you provide evidence, but you arrogantly play the “objective look” card the deniers are notorious for doing. FAIL.